Treat yourself to this decadent Cranberry and Brie Grilled Cheese ... this mouthwatering vegetarian sandwich takes minutes to make, and it's the perfect way to use up leftover cranberry sauce!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you a cranberry sauce lover? I love the zippy flavor so much, and I'm never mad if there's a little (or a lot) left over after a big Thanksgiving meal.
Leftovers can get boring after a while though, and that's when it's time to get creative! I had some Cranberry Orange Sauce and had a small wheel of brie in my fridge ... so it must have been kismet that I make this sandwich!
If you're looking for a fun way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers too, then you have to try this Cranberry and Brie Grilled Cheese. This mouthwatering sandwich is the perfect pairing of flavors and textures: tart cranberries, gooey melted brie, and crunchy bread. Yum!
Best of all, you only need a few minutes to make it! Ready to dig in? Then, keep reading for all the details.
This tasty Brie and Cranberry Sandwich requires just a few simple ingredients. Here's what you'll need:
- Bread - Choose a firm, bakery-style white bread with thick slices. This Nature's Own Perfectly Crafted White Bread is my fave!
- Cranberry Sauce - Use leftover cranberry sauce from your holiday feast, or substitute jam or chutney so you can make this grilled cheese year round.
- Brie Cheese - If you're willing to share, one seven-ounce (198 gram) piece of cheese is enough for about three sandwiches. And by the way, this recipe is an excellent way to use up leftover brie, too.
- Butter - Both salted and unsalted will work fine.
Are cranberries out of season? No worries, because you can make this delicious sandwich with pretty much any gourmet fruit jam / spread. Fig would be tasty, but other flavors will work, too. You could also use your favorite chutney or even something like English pickle.
How to Make a Cranberry and Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This sandwich is so simple to make, so let's get started. Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat. I set the dial on my stovetop to "4", and it worked perfectly.
Spread the cranberry sauce on one slice of bread, the spread the brie cheese (with rind on) on the other. Don't worry if the brie doesn't cover the bread perfectly ... you won't notice once it melts anyway.
Tip: For best results, let the ingredients sit at room temp for at least half an hour before starting. That will give the cheese and butter a chance to warm up and become spreadable. Plus, it will prevent the inside of your sandwich from being cold.
Close the sandwich, then spread butter over one side of the bread.
Place the sandwich in the hot frying pan, butter-side down. Then, butter the other side of the sandwich.
Cook the grilled cheese until it's lightly browned on one side. Flip it, then cook it until it's browned on the other, as well. It should take about five minutes per side.
And that's all there is to it ... your grilled Cranberry and Brie Sandwich is ready to eat!
Doesn't all that ooey gooey melted brie just make your mouth water? I love a decadent treat like this, and the best part is that it only takes a few minutes to make!
Want more creative sandwich ideas? Then, you'll want to try these recipes, too:
- Brie and Apple Sandwich
- Spicy Artichoke and Tomato Grilled Cheese
- Broccoli Rabe and Provolone Grilled Cheese
- Mushroom Ricotta Open Faced Sandwich
- Spinach and Artichoke Grilled Cheese
Cranberry and Brie Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices white bread
- 3 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 3 slices brie cheese (sliced about ¼-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat (4 on a standard dial / knob).
- While the pan heats, spread one slice of bread with cranberry sauce, and the other with brie.
- Close sandwich, then spread half the butter on one side of sandwich.
- Place sandwich butter-side down in skillet. Spread remaining butter on other side of sandwich.
- Cook sandwich until lightly browned on one side, then flip and cook until lightly browned on other side.
- Serve sandwich hot. Enjoy!