Looking for a unique artichoke appetizer? You'll love this creamy Lemon Artichoke Spread! This delightful dip is quick and easy to make, plus so delicious. Serve it at your next party ... it's a total crowd pleaser!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
There is nothing more relaxing than spending time with good friends. An evening or day spent laughing and catching up is truly the perfect antidote to a busy life!
These occasions call for delicious, yet easy to make recipes that are impossible to resist ... like this decadent Artichoke Spread!
You are going to crave this scrumptious Cold Artichoke Dip. This is the perfect recipe for artichoke lovers ... it's rich, luscious, and bursting with bright flavors! Plus, it's super quick and easy to make. What could be better?
Serve this creamy spread with crunchy crackers and fresh veggies, and you have an easy party appetizer that's sure to please a crowd.
Ready to start dipping? You'll find all the details below. Just keep reading!
This creamy spread uses simple ingredients you can find at any grocery store! Here's what you'll need:
- Artichokes - You'll need one can of quartered artichoke hearts for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese + Sour Cream - Rich cream cheese and tangy sour cream form the dip's base.
- Green Onions - Fresh green onions brighten up the rich dip's flavor.
- Garlic - A clove of fresh garlic adds another layer of flavor.
- Lemon - Fresh lemon juice and zest lightens up the rich dip and enhances the other flavors.
- More - You'll also need salt and pepper, and you can add a little hot sauce too, if you'd like.
This yummy appetizer is naturally vegetarian and gluten free (always check labels if you have an allergy).
You'll Also Need
This recipe will be easiest to make if you use a food processor. If you don't have one, you can mince the artichokes, garlic, and green onions, the mix everything together by hand (or use a hand or stand mixer).
How to Make Artichoke Spread
This cream Lemon Artichoke Dip couldn't be easier to make! You'll find a detailed recipe card below, but here's an overview of the steps:
- Mince garlic and green onions. Start by adding the green onions and garlic to your food processor, then pulse until the garlic is minced.
- Blend in remaining ingredients. Next, you'll add the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice + zest, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper, and a few dashes of hot sauce (if you'd like). Process these ingredients together until well combined, but not totally smooth.
- Add artichokes. Finally, you'll pulse in the artichoke hearts, just until you have a chunky dip.
And that's all there is to it ... your homemade Artichoke Spread is ready to eat! You are going to love this yummy dip's creamy texture and bold, bright flavor.
Pair this creamy spread with your favorite fresh veggies, such as cherry or grape tomatoes, carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, and more. It's also wonderful with something crunchy, like Crostini Toasts, Homemade Crackers, Pita Chips, or your favorite potato chips.
If you have an leftover dip, store it in an airtight container in your refrigerator. It will stay fresh for three to four days.
If you enjoyed this easy Cream Cheese Spread, then you'll love these recipes, too:
- Beau Monde Dip
- Dill Dip
- Ricotta Blue Cheese Spread
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- Mexican Baked Spinach Dip
- Whipped Goat Cheese
- Best Guacamole
- Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 large lemon
- 1 (8 ounce / 226 gram) block cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1 (14-ounce / 397 gram) can quartered artichoke hearts, well drained and roughly chopped
- Using food processor, pulse garlic and green onion together until garlic is minced.
- Zest and juice lemon. You'll need 1 teaspoon zest and ¼ cup lemon juice.
- Add lemon zest and juice, cream cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, and a few dashes hot sauce (if desired) to food processor.
- Process the ingredients together until well combined. (It doesn't need to be totally smooth. There should still be some green onion flecks.)
- Add artichokes and pulse a few times until combined, but still chunky.
- Serve spread with crackers, crostini, and / or vegetables for dipping. Enjoy!