This post for Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup is sponsored by MobiSave. All opinions are my own.
This Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup is the perfect antidote to a cold winter day … it’s rich, creamy, delicious, and packed with yummy stuffed pasta!
This post contains affiliate links.
It’s been cold in Dallas lately, and I’ve been crossing my fingers for a dusting of snow. I’ve heard it happens occasionally!
My apartment has a huge wall of vintage windows, which I love, but they let in the cold air. So of course, I’ve been craving comfort food.
While I’m waiting for that snow to show up, I’ve been warming up with my favorite rich and hearty foods, like this delicious Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Soup!
This tortellini soup is packed with veggies and tasty stuffed pasta … and it’s the perfect thing to chase away those winter blues!
Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup
Pasta fans, this Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup is for you. Just look at all that delicious tortellini!
Tortellini Soup is pretty much the ultimate comfort food … soup + pasta is pretty hard to beat, right?
This vegetarian tortellini soup pairs everyone’s favorite veggie combination—spinach and artichokes—with cheesy pasta. It kind of reminds me of that classic party dip.
Instead of using fresh pasta for this recipe, I used a package of Barilla Collezione Three Cheese Tortellini. And it’s perfect for this easy tortellini soup recipe (plus, super delicious). You can find this tortellini in the dried pasta aisle.
Give this soup a try! It’s so simple to make, but packed with tons of flavor. I know you’re going to love it just as much as I do.
How to Make Creamy Tortellini Soup
This vegetarian tortellini soup is so easy to make!
You’ll start with a simple, yet flavorful base of sauteed onions and garlic. Next, you’ll add vegetable broth and cheese tortellini. Feel free to experiment with other flavors of tortellini, too.
Cook the pasta until it’s almost (but not quite) al dente. I used a dried tortellini for this recipe (Barilla Collezione Three Cheese Tortellini), and it worked perfectly.
Finally, you’ll add fresh spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, and a little cream.You want to cook these ingredients just until they’re heated through.
And that’s it … your creamy tortellini soup is ready to eat.
I like to serve this rich tortellini soup with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. It’s the perfect finishing touch!
This Creamy Spinach Tortellini Soup is the perfect recipe to warm you up on a cold winter day. Treat your family to it tonight!
Love this Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup?
If you liked like this easy tortellini soup recipe, then you are going to adore my Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup recipe, too … it’s so good!
And make sure to check out all of my amazing Soup Recipes. There are so many tasty options.
Still want more? I rounded up 40 Hearty Vegetarian Soup Recipes right here!
Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup flour
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (12-ounce) package Barilla Collezione Three Cheese Tortellini
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, well drained and roughly chopped
- 2 cups lightly packed spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion to pot. Season with salt and pepper, then saute until softened and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Mix flour into pot, then cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly whisk in vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini to pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until almost al dente (about 7 to 8 minutes).
- Stir in artichokes and spinach.
- When spinach is wilted, add heavy cream. Mix well. (Do not boil.)
- Remove soup from heat, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup hot, sprinkled with Parmesan Cheese. Enjoy!
What is your favorite soup recipe on cold winter days?