This Creamy Tomato Soup with Garlic Croutons is rich, delicious, and easy to make. It's a recipe your whole family will love!
Are there any foods that bring you right back to your childhood?
Tomato soup has a way of doing that for me. Add a grilled cheese sandwich, and I'm in heaven!
My taste buds have matured since my childhood, and it's been a while since I've eaten canned tomato soup.
Why settle for a can when my homemade Creamy Tomato Soup with Garlic Croutons is so easy to make?
Creamy Tomato Soup
This Creamy Tomato Soup with Garlic Croutons is such a fall classic that I couldn't wait to share it with you!
Talk about comfort food. Make this recipe anytime you're craving something warming and delicious!
And it's hard to believe, but you can have this rich, comforting soup on the table (croutons and all) in about 30 minutes. That's my kind of weeknight meal.
You probably already have most of the ingredients for this yummy Creamy Tomato Soup with Garlic Croutons in your pantry.
The key to getting this soup on the table fast is to start working on the soup as soon as you have the croutons in the oven. That way, everything will be ready at the same time, and you'll have a bowl warming your hands before you know it!
This easy Tomato Soup recipe is simple to customize exactly to your taste, too:
- Add more crushed red pepper flakes to make it spicier, or skip the pepper flakes altogether for a milder soup.
- Want to go all out? Add more cream to make the soup extra decadent. Or skip the cream if you're watching your calories.
- Try adding different herbs, depending on what's in your refrigerator.
- Experiment with different spices, too. Curry powder would be delicious!
So skip the canned stuff and make this Creamy Tomato Soup tonight!
Creamy Tomato Soup with Garlic Croutons
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 slices firm Italian bread, cubed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup lightly packed basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray, then top with bread.
- Bake bread until it's dried and lightly browned on edges, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Place bread in a medium bowl. Mix together butter, garlic, Parmesan, and salt, then pour over bread and toss well.
- Return bread to baking sheet and cook until golden, about 5 to 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While croutons are cooking, combine olive oil, garlic, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes in a large pot.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic is sizzling and fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes and broth. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then stir in basil and cream. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup hot, topped with croutons. Enjoy!
What are your favorite childhood foods?