This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Get ready for tailgreatness with this mouthwatering Crock Pot Spicy 3 Bean Chili!
My husband is a football fanatic. Before he transferred to the small college where we met, he went to a big state school, and he still follows the team.
Most weekends, you’ll find him glued to the TV as his team plays. My college was known more for its academic programs than its football team (it’s telling that our unofficial mascot was a turtle), so even though I didn’t go to Joel’s college myself, it’s fun to join him in cheering on his team.
One thing that always makes game day special is awesome food, like this Crock Pot Spicy 3 Bean Chili.
It’s filled with bold, spicy flavors and feeds a crowd, making it perfect for watch parties and tailgating!
Crock Pot Spicy 3 Bean Chili
Delicious food is the best part of game day in my opinion (my husband may beg to differ), and I can’t resist something spicy.
Chili is my go to, and although I’ve created a few chili recipes before, I was craving a classic chili that could be cooked in a slow cooker.
This Spicy Bean Chili was exactly what I had in mind!
From my first bite, I fell in love with this Crock Pot Spicy 3 Bean Chili. It’s that good!
This yummy chili is full of well-developed, rich and spicy flavors, and apart from a little chopping, the slow cooker does all the work. The recipe also relies on what I think of as healthy convenience foods (canned beans and tomatoes) to keep prep to a minimum.
I love a recipe like this for game day, because there’s no hassle, and it’s so simple put together.
How to Make 3 Bean Chili in the Crock Pot
To make this delicious Crock Pot Spicy Three Bean Chili, you’ll simply combine all of the ingredients in your slow cooker.
No pre-cooking anything or adding something halfway through … I told you it was easy! You can cook this chili on high or low, too, depending on your time frame.
This tasty, thick chili is delicious all on it’s own. I’m all about the toppings though, so I finished off my bowl with red onions, cheese, sour cream, and cilantro. Yum! If you’re hosting a watching party, you could set up a toppings bar and let guests add their faves. Wouldn’t that be fun?
However you top it, this Crock Pot Spicy 3 Bean Chili is the perfect addition to game day!
How to Customize this Spicy Vegetarian Chili
Customize this Spicy Bean Chili to your taste with these easy tips:
- Crank up the heat by using hot chili powder (add another tablespoon, too) and extra chipotle peppers. Serve it with your favorite hot sauce.
- Can’t take the heat? Use a mild chili powder and only one chipotle pepper. Or skip the pepper altogether and just use the adobo sauce from the can. You’ll still get the smokey flavor, but the finished chili won’t be as spicy.
- Add your favorite veggies, like chopped green or red peppers and corn.
- I’m not a meat eater, but if you are, precook some beef with the onions, then add it with all the other ingredients and cook as directed. Depending on the size of your crock pot, you may want to skip a can or two of beans. Add a little extra water if the chili is too thick.
Warm up with a bowl is this delicious Crock Pot Spicy 3 Bean Chili ... it's simple to make and so tasty!
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 - 2 chipotle chiles, chopped, plus 1 tablespoon adobe sauce (from canned chiles)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- diced red onion
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
Combine all ingredients (except toppings), PLUS 1/2 cup water, in a crock pot. Mix well.
Cook chili over high heat for 2 to 3 hours OR over low heat for 6 to 8 hours (or until onions are tender).
Serve chili topped with red onions, cheese, sour cream, and cilantro (or your favorite toppings). Enjoy!
Love this Spicy Bean Chili?
If you enjoyed this easy vegetarian chili, you’ll love these recipes, too!
However you customize it, this Crock Pot Spicy 3 Bean Chili is sure to be a hit on game day!
What is your favorite spicy recipe?