Give the classic cookie a delicious twist ... these Curry Shortbread Cookies are filled with warm, spicy flavors that you're going to love!
My husband Joel and I spent last Christmas kitty-sitting in Brooklyn.
When we weren't playing with the very-appropriately-named Rodney, we were attempting to put together the world's largest puzzle (at least it sure felt like it), taking walks, and relaxing with a glass of wine. Joel also did a little pantry raiding.
He swore he had permission, but it still felt a little wrong ... although I eventually joined him. Ha!
There was one treat we kept coming back to, and that I knew I had to recreate at home: Curry Shortbread Cookies. A cookie with curry may sound a little peculiar, but I promise you, this is one unique recipe you're sure to love!
Curry Shortbread Cookies
I had never considered adding curry to cookies before that pantry raid, but it's a delicious combination.
The curry powder gives these shortbread cookies a warm, golden color and intriguing, almost savory flavor. So even though these cookies make a great dessert, they are just as at home with a glass of champagne or a cocktail.
The other wonderful thing about these cookies is that they are so easy to make.
You'll need just a few ingredients that are probably already in your cupboard. I kept it simple and cut the cookies into squares, but they would look extra pretty cut into other shapes. So get out your cookie cutters!
Give these Curry Shortbread Cookies at try. I guarantee you won't be able to stop at one!
Looking for more cookie recipes?
If you enjoyed these Curry Cookies, make sure to try some of my other cookie recipes, too!
- Nona’s Pecan Fingers
- Black Bottoms Cupcakes
- Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies
- Poppy Seed Kiss Cookies
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies
- Honey Cookies
- Ginger Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Curry Shortbread Cookies
- nonstick spray
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Mix in curry powder, vanilla, and salt, scraping down bowl as necessary.
- Add flour to bowl and mix (starting slowly so you don't get flour everywhere) until a cohesive dough is formed.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and use your hands to form it into a rough square.
- Roll dough out to about ¼-inch thick, adding more flour to your surface to avoid sticking, if necessary.
- Use a knife to cut dough into squares. If you have dough scraps, gently roll them out again and cut out more squares.
- Transfer squares to the baking sheet, spacing them about 1-inch apart.
- Bake cookies for 10-15 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden brown around the edges.
- Cool cookies on a rack, then serve. Enjoy!
Have you discovered any unique foods lately?