Learn how to make the BEST Dill Dip! This classic appetizer recipe is super quick and easy to make, plus it's a total crowd pleaser. Throw it together in minutes, serve with chips and veggies for dipping, and you have a party!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It's party season, and if there's one appetizer I always gravitate toward, it's definitely dip. There's nothing better than this yummy snack, especially when it's paired with fresh veggies and crunchy chips for dipping!
This homemade Dill Dip is truly my favorite, and I just know you're going to love this recipe, too! It's so creamy, and each bite is loaded with fresh herbs and other yummy ingredients. The bright, sunny flavor really pops no matter what you pair it with!
Best of all, this classic dip is super quick and easy to make ... if you can chop and stir, you will have mastered this recipe in no time! Pair it with your favorite vegetables and chips, and you're ready to party.
Is your mouth watering yet? Then keep reading for all the recipe details!
This easy Veggie Dip recipe uses simple ingredients that you can find at any grocery store! Here's what you'll need:
- Dill - The star ingredient! This recipe uses fresh dill, and it gives the recipe a bright, garden fresh flavor that's impossible to resist. If you'd prefer to use dry dill, check out the Variations section below.
- Parsley - You'll also need some fresh parsley. Look for flat leaf (Italian) parsley, not the curly kind. If you'd rather use dried parsley, you'll find tips in the Variations section below. Tip: Fresh parley often comes in big bunches. Use the leftovers in everything from pastas to soups, pesto, and more.
- Onions - Finely chopped fresh green onions really brightens up and adds tons of flavor to this classic dip.
- Garlic - A couple cloves of fresh garlic add a wonderful taste that complements and enhances the other ingredients.
- Lemon - I tested this recipe with and without the lemon, and the dip with lemon was the clear winner! Make sure to use fresh lemon juice here ... it really makes the other flavors sing.
- Sour Cream - Rich sour cream gives this recipe a creamy texture and adds a lovely flavor, too. I like Daisy brand, and their light sour cream is also delicious if you want to save a few calories!
- Mayonnaise - You'll pair the sour cream with mayonnaise to form the dip's base. The mayo give the recipe a wonderful tang and adds richness, too.
This is one of my favorite vegetarian dip recipes, and it's gluten free (double check labels if you have an allergy), too.
How to Make Dill Dip
This delicious Dill Vegetable Dip can be thrown together in minutes ... it's so easy! You'll find a detailed recipe card below, but here's an overview of the steps:
- Combine sour cream + mayo. Start by stirring together to mayonnaise and sour cream until smooth.
- Add other ingredients. Next, you'll add the dill weed, parsley, green onions, garlic, and lemon, plus a little salt and pepper.
- Mix + chill. Stir everything together, then refrigerate the dip for at least one hour before serving. Tip: Don't skip the chilling time! Preparing this recipe in advance allows the flavors to blend. This dip tastes even better after chilling for a few hours.
And that's all there is to it ... time to enjoy your creamy, dreamy Fresh Dill Dip! This recipe is a classic for a reason: it tastes amazing and no one can resist it.
Can't resist tinkering with the recipe? Here are some easy ideas to try:
- Cream Cheese - If you're looking for similar dip made with cream cheese instead of mayo, check out my Herb Cream Cheese Dip!
- Dried Herbs - If you'd prefer to make this recipe with dried herbs, substitute two tablespoons dried dill and ½ tablespoon dried parsley (both minced) for the fresh herbs.
- Other Herbs - Change up the dip's flavor by adding different herbs, such as basil, oregano, thyme, cilantro, mint, and more.
- Dill Pickle - Give this recipe a fun twist by stirring in ¼ to ½ cup chopped pickles! Make sure to blot the pickles dry before combining them to the other ingredients.
This easy recipe makes the perfect Veggie Dip! Pair it with all your favorite vegetables, such as grape or cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, broccoli or cauliflower florets, snap peas, celery sticks, radishes, and more. And of course, it's also a wonderful a Chip Dip, and it's delicious served with pretzels, homemade Crostini, Crackers or Pita Chips, bagel chips, and other crunchy snacks, too.
I also love serving this dip in a bread bowl! To make one, slice the top off a round, boule-style loaf (such as sourdough or rye bread), then scoop out the center, leaving a one-inch shell intact. Fill the shell with the dip, then slice the bread you scooped out into cubes or strips, and toast them in your oven before serving.
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in your refrigerator, where it will stay fresh for three to four days. Stir well before serving.
- Homemade Onion Dip
- Whipped Goat Cheese Dip
- Best Guacamole
- Vegetarian Buffalo Dip
- Easy Hummus
- Lemon Artichoke Spread
- Layered Greek Hummus
- Hot Black Bean Dip
Searching for snacks other than dip? Check out all of my Appetizer recipes!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup fresh dill (minced before measuring)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (minced before measuring)
- 2 large green onions, minced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Stir mayonnaise and sour cream together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Add dill, parsley, green onions, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Chill dip for at least one hour before serving.
- Serve dip with your favorite veggies and chips for dipping. Enjoy!