These Easy Egg and Black Bean Tacos are a delicious vegetarian breakfast recipe that no one can resist! They also makes a quick weeknight dinner!
If you're looking for a unique breakfast or tasty weeknight meal, this is it!
These easy Egg and Black Bean Tacos are one of my favorite recipes. I've been making them for years, and I know you're going to love them, too!
These delicious Breakfast Tacos are simple to make, and the sriracha sauce is a fun, spicy twist. They're so fast that you'll have dinner on the table in well under half an hour.
Make these tacos for dinner tonight!
These delicious Vegetarian Breakfast Tacos use basic ingredients. Here's what you'll need:
- Beans - Using canned beans makes this recipe quick and easy to prepare. You'll season them with a combo of cumin, chili powder, and oregano.
- Eggs - You'll quickly scramble the eggs for the second part of the filling.
- Tortillas - I used corn tortillas, but flour tortillas would work great, too.
- Toppings - These tacos are topped with a unique sriracha sauce and crumbled feta cheese. Feel free to try different toppings, too ... you'll find more ideas below.
Tip: For gluten free tacos, use corn tortillas.
You'll Also Need
You'll need a medium microwavable bowl to cook the beans, a large skillet to cook the eggs, and a medium frying pan to heat the tortillas.
How to Make Black Bean and Egg Tacos
These tasty Bean and Egg tacos couldn't be easier to make! You'll find a detailed recipe card below, but here's a quick overview:
- Make the sauce. Start by stirring together the sriracha and mayo for the simple sauce.
- Heat the beans. Next, you'll combine the beans and spices in microwaveable bowl, then season to taste with salt. Heat through using your microwave.
- Scramble the eggs. While the beans heat, you'll scramble the eggs.
- Assemble the tacos. Once the beans and eggs are ready, it's time to assemble the tacos. Topped warmed tortillas with the eggs and beans, then drizzle with the sriracha sauce and sprinkle with the cheese.
Time to eat! This Black Bean Breakfast Tacos recipe makes two tacos per serving, and you can easily customize the recipe by changing up the toppings. Sliced avocado, guacamole, diced tomatoes, salsa, or pickled onions would all be delish.
Craving more tacos? You'll love these recipes, too:
- Black Bean Tacos
- Korean BBQ Tofu Tacos
- Portabella Poblano Tacos
- Quick Tofu Tacos
- Black Bean Taquitos
- 25 Best Vegetarian Tacos
Black Bean and Egg Tacos
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained but not rinsed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 8 small tortillas (flour or corn)
- kosher salt
- Mix mayonnaise and sriracha together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine black beans, cumin, chili powder, and oregano. Season with salt to taste. Microwave until hot, about 2-3 minutes.
- While beans cook, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Heat a medium frying pan (dry) on another burner over medium heat.
- Lightly beat eggs, then season with salt and pepper. Add to large frying pan, then scramble. Remove pan from heat.
- Place one tortilla in medium frying pan. Heat until warm on one side, then flip and heat other side (about one minute total). Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- To serve, top tortillas with eggs and beans. Drizzle with the sriracha mayo and sprinkle with feta. Serve immediately. Enjoy!