Treat yourself to these easy Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas ... they're packed with flavor and make a tasty meatless Mexican lunch, dinner, or snack!
While I'm not a fan of grocery shopping, if I had to pick a favorite time of year to do so, it would definitely be summer.
There are so many beautiful veggies in the stores and at the farmers market right now. I'm making it my mission to eat as many as possible!
One of my favorite fast dinner ideas is a vegetarian quesadilla recipe, and I love packing them with fresh summer veggies.
I can't get enough of this easy Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas recipe lately, and I know you're going to love it, too!
Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas
I absolutely love roasted vegetables. They're so simple to make, and the high heat used to cook them concentrates the veggies' flavor ... making them even more delicious.
My favorite roasted vegetables main dish just might have to be these Easy Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas though!
This easy vegetarian quesadilla recipe is so simple and tasty. From the crispy tortillas to cheesy vegetable filling, this flavor-packed recipe is perfect for everything from snacks to laid back dinners.
How to Make Vegetable Quesadillas
You are going to love this simple vegetarian quesadilla recipe! Watch how easy they are to make:
Preparing the Roasted Veggies
The first step is to prepare the roasted vegetables. I used zucchini, grape tomatoes, corn, and a poblano pepper. Feel free to experiment with your favorite veggies though. Check out my guide to roasting veggies for help adjusting the cooking time.
You'll toss the vegetables with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, then roast them until they're tender and lightly browned. Most of the work is hands off, making this recipe perfect for lazy weekends or busy weeknights. (You can even prep the veggies ahead of time.)
After the vegetables are roasted, the poblano pepper gets seeded, skinned, and chopped. Then, you add them to the other veggies. The Poblano pepper adds more flavor than heat, but feel free to replace it with a large bell pepper if you prefer.
Cooking the Quesadillas
Once those delicious roasted veggies are ready, it's time to prepare your Easy Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas.
You'll fill flour tortillas with the veggie mixture and a generous sprinkle of pepper jack cheese. Then cook them until golden brown on both sides. I made my veggie quesadillas one at a time, but if you have a large griddle go ahead and make them all at once.
The quesadillas get so crispy, and the filling is gooey and finger licking good. For even more flavor, I like dipping them in sour cream or my favorite salsa. Yum!
Serve these Easy Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas any time you're craving a delicious Mexican meal ... they make a great lunch, dinner, or snack!
Now that you know how to make these Easy Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas, experiment with the recipe by swapping in your favorite veggies.
You could also add beans ... black or pinto beans would be delish.
However you make them, these easy vegetarian quesadillas are sure to be a hit!
Easy Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas
For Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 (10.5-ounce) container grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 medium poblano pepper
- 1 cup corn kernals
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large tortillas (about 10-inch diameter)
- 1 ½ cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- salsa, optional
- sour cream, optional
Prepare Roasted Vegetables:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place tomatoes, zucchini, poblano pepper, and corn on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle veggies with 1 ½ tbsp olive oil, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well, making sure poblano is coated in oil.
- Roast veggies for 15 minutes, then flip. Continue cooking vegetables for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned on edges. Remove from oven.
- Allow veggies to cool slightly, then remove seeds and charred, papery skin from the poblano pepper.
- Chop the poblano pepper and mix it with the other roasted vegetables. Adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add a tortilla to the skillet. Top with ⅓ of the roasted veggies, then ½ cup cheese.
- Cover cheese with another tortilla, then brush it with 1 tsp olive oil.
- Cook quesadilla until browned on bottom, then flip and cook until browned on other side.
- Repeat process with remaining ingredients, then cut quesadillas in wedges and serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you love this easy Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas recipe?
What is your favorite recipe using fresh summer veggies?