This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
These delicious Feta, Pepper, and Olive Bites are the perfect easy appetizer recipe for your next party!
I love entertaining, and nothing makes me happier than a yummy appetizer.
Anything bite-sized is immediately more fun to eat, right?
These days, I like to keep my parties pretty casual. That way I can actually enjoy my company.
Delicious food is definitely a must though, which I why I can't get enough of these Feta, Pepper, and Olive Bites. This tasty appetizer is so simple to prepare, yet it tastes so good!
Feta, Pepper, and Olive Bites
Want to know what makes these Feta, Pepper, and Olive Bites so easy to make? There's no bruschetta or base to prepare.
Instead, I used my favorite TRISCUIT Crackers!
I picked up at box of TRISCUIT Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil Crackers, and they are the perfect complement to my recipe.
And as a spicy food lover, I couldn't resist grabbing a box of TRISCUIT Sriracha Crackers, too!
I grew up eating TRISCUIT Crackers. There was always a box in our pantry, ready for snacking.
After school, my sister and I loved playing restaurant. We would brainstorm menu ideas and came up with all sorts of crazy toppings for those crunchy crackers!
TRISCUIT Crackers are still a favorite of mine, and you better believe that I love coming up with creative toppings ideas, like these yummy bites!
These Feta, Pepper, and Olive Bites are definitely a little more sophisticated than the restaurant creations from my youth, but they couldn't be easier to make.
And just look at those beautiful colors ... I definitely eat with my eyes first, and the mouthwatering flavors in this easy appetizer recipe definitely live up to its looks!
How to Make Feta, Pepper, and Olive Bites
To make this simple recipe, you'll start by sauteing the bell peppers. I used a mix of red and yellow peppers, but one color of pepper would work just fine.
You'll cook the peppers over medium-high heat, and it only takes a few minutes.
Once the peppers are ready, it's assembly time!
You'll top a TRISCUIT Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil Cracker with a slice of feta, then a layer of peppers. Next comes a sprinkle of sliced fresh basil, followed by a Kalamata olive. How easy was that?
My Feta, Pepper, and Olive Bites make a wonderful light meal or snack, or throw a party and impress your guest with this tasty treat!
Do you love spicy foods? Try these Feta, Pepper, and Olive Bites on TRISCUIT Sriracha Crackers!
Yum ... I think these crackers might be my new favorite flavor.
They have the perfect amount of heat, not at all overwhelming like some spicy foods are. This is a limited edition, so get them while you can. There was only one box left in my store, and I snapped it up fast!
This easy appetizer recipe would actually be delicious on any flavor of TRISCUIT, so do a little experimenting to find your fave!
Feta, Pepper, and Olive Bites
- 1 large bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 24 TRISCUIT Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil Crackers
- 1 (6-ounce) block feta cheese, cut into 24 slices
- 4 large basil leaves, very thinly sliced
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and halved lengthwise
- Remove stem and seeds from bell pepper, then thinly slice into skinny strips about 2-inches long.
- Heat olive oil and red pepper flakes in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers to oil and saute until softened and browned around the edges.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Keep in mind that the crackers, feta, and olives are already fairly salty.)
- Top crackers with a slice of feta, then sauteed peppers, the sliced basil, and finally an olive half.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
What is your favorite easy appetizer recipe?