I've got Fall on my brain lately. It's my favorite season of the year, and I'm ready for sweater weather. Of course, it's still a little hot for that, so I've been searching for a little later summer, early fall fashion inspiration. That's when I came across a picture of Dakota Fanning.
Now, she's not the first person I look to for style ideas. For one thing, she's super young. However, I really love this lady-like outfit that she was spotted wearing in New York.
You don't need to be 20 to wear this outfit. In fact, it would work for ladies of all ages and shapes. It's perfect for work or dress it down with jeans. Best of all, you can wear it right into fall simply by adding a cardigan.
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 Dakota Fanning Photo via Celebzz
Here's how to get the look:
- Start by pairing a button-down shirt with a statement necklace. I love the pretty detail on this Ann Taylor Back Pleat Shell. Pair it with Bauble Bar's Midnight Bouquet Bib which has the perfect amount of bling.
- Carry a jewel-tone cardigan. A pretty cardi will keep you warm in an air-conditioned office or on a fall day. Halogen's Three Quarter Sleeve Cardigan comes in a ton of colors.
- Add a swingy skirt. A cute skirt, like Apt. 9's Pieced Flared Skirt (on sale under $25!), adds a little fun to this literally buttoned-up look, and the shape is super flattering.
- Choose matchy-matchy shoes and bag. Keep the lady-like vibe going with matching accessories. Elliott Lucca's Faro Satchel is a bag that goes with everything (you'll keep it forever). Then, give a nod to classic spectators with Sole Society's Sue Studded T-Straps.
- Finish with simple accessories. Let the statement necklace shine and keep everything else subdued. Choose a simple gold bracelet like Dakota did; Bauble Bar's Slim Hinge Bangle is a great option. Finally add a pair of classic sunnies, like BonLook's Kuta Sunglasses, which have a subtle stud detail for the slightest bit of edge.
So, what do you think? Are you inspired by Dakota's lady-like style, too?
I'm linking up with Friday's Fab Favorites, Fashion Informant, What I Wore, Monday Mingle, Monday Bloom, Monday Morning Gossip, How I Summer, More Pieces of Me, On the Daily Express, Let It Shine, and Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday.
Perfect get the look! Love it!!