It has been steamy in New York these last few days. I feel like I’m scurrying from place to place, trying to stay in the air conditioning as much as possible.
By the time I return home each day, I’m inevitably over-heated. Especially if a subway ride is involved … how does it get so miserably hot down there?!?
A cold drink is always to first thing I reach for when I get home, and iced green tea is my favorite. This Ginger Melon Green Tea is a fun twist on this refreshing drink!
I love eating fresh cantaloupe at this time of year. It’s always so sweet and fresh, plus it reminds me of my childhood. There was always some in our refrigerator, and we ate it all summer long!
Cantaloupe adds a wonderful, summery flavor to this delicious Ginger Melon Green Tea.
To make this iced green tea, you’ll start by brewing tea bags with slices of fresh ginger. The tea is then blended with lightly sweetened, pureed cantaloupe. Everything gets stirred together and garnished with slices of cantaloupe. It couldn’t be simpler to make!
Cool off with a glass of this Ginger Melon Green Tea after a long day, or double the recipe and make a pitcher!
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 8 green tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe, plus extra slices for serving
- 3 tbsp. + 1 tsp. sugar
- Cut ginger into 12 thin slices.
- Take 4 heat-proof glasses and place 3 ginger slices and 2 tea bags into each.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and fill glasses slightly more than 1/3 full.
- Let tea steep for 7 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, place cantaloupe and sugar in a blender.
- Blend until completely smooth, stirring if necessary. Set aside.
- When tea is finished steeping, remove tea bags and ginger slices, then stir an ice cube into each glass to cool it off.
- Divide cantaloupe puree between glasses. Stir well.
- Fill glasses with ice, then add a few thin cantaloupe slices to each glass.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!