These delicious and easy to make Greek Veggie Burgers with Cucumber Feta Sauce are filled with your favorite Mediterranean flavors.
Serve them with a simple salad, and you'll have a meal that your whole family will love!
One of my favorite meals on a warm spring or summer day is a big Greek salad, especially when eaten at a little sidewalk cafe.
Doesn't that sound like the perfect combination?
Recently, I was craving those yummy Greek flavors, but I wanted something heartier than a salad. I love veggie burgers, so I thought, why not turn my fave salad into a burger?
These Greek Veggie Burgers with Cucumber Feta Sauce are the delicious result!
You are going to love these tasty burgers! They are packed with bold flavors and are so simple to make.
How to Make Greek Veggie Burgers with Cucumber Feta Sauce
These easy to make veggie burger patties have a quinoa-chickpea base that's quick to prepare.
They're seasoned with savory onions, fragrant oregano, piquant Kalamata olives (affiliate link), and fresh parsely. The addition of the olives adds a ton of flavor, and they're definitely one of my favorite parts of this recipe.
Even my husband, a devoted Kalamata olive hater, thought these Greek Veggie Burgers with Cucumber Feta Sauce were delish!
My absolute favorite thing about these burgers though is the amazing and creamy Cucumber Feta Sauce.
It is so delicious and takes minutes to make. If you can stir, then you can master this sauce. It really is the perfect topping for the tasty burgers. Yum!
These burgers fry up nice and firm, and after being topped with that delish sauce, they are simply irresistible.
Greek Veggie Burgers with Cucumber Feta Sauce
- ¼ cup quinoa
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup flour
- 2 small green onions, minced (green part only)
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) container Greek yogurt
- ½ small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 4 burger buns
- tomato slices
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil, then add quinoa to water and cook until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain quinoa well. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a small skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion to oil and cook until tender and browned around edges, stirring frequently.
- Stir garlic, oregano, and salt into onion; cook until fragrant, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place chickpeas in a large bowl and mash until smooth.
- Add cooked quinoa, sauteed onions, egg, flour, green onions, kalamata olives, parsley, salt, and pepper to chickpeas.
- Mix well, adjust salt and pepper (if desired), then divide into 4 patties.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp. olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add patties to oil and cook, flipping once, until burgers are browned on both sides.
- While veggie burgers are cooking, mix together cucumber, yogurt, feta, garlic, and dill.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve burgers on buns with lettuce and tomato slices. Top with Cucumber Feta Sauce. Enjoy!
Don't you just want to take a big bite of that veggie burger? Mmm ... I know I do!
Love this Greek Veggie Burger recipe and want more?
Try one of my other veggie burger and vegetarian Greek recipes:
- Vegetarian Teriyaki Burgers
- Mushroom Swiss Veggie Burgers
- Smokey Black Bean Edamame Burgers
- Indian Spiced Quinoa Chickpea Burgers
- Greek Coleslaw with Feta and Lemon
- Layered Greek Hummus Dip
- Greek Quinoa Salad
Do you enjoy veggie burgers as much as I do?
What are your favorite toppings?