These delicious Harvest Veggie Enchiladas are packed with a delicious summer vegetables and topped with a mouthwatering crema verde sauce!
The weather is supposed to be in high seventies this week. Feels like fall, right?
Maybe not, but I’ll take it compared to last week’s 80s and 90s. Even though the weather is not cooperating, I’m starting to to crave heartier foods and fall flavors (pumpkin in everything!).
I’ve even turned on my oven to make these Harvest Veggie Enchiladas with Crema Verde. And it was definitely worth the heat!
Harvest Veggie Enchiladas
Don’t worry, you won’t have to stand over a hot stove for hours to enjoy these yummy vegetable enchiladas. They’re easy to make, yet completely delicious.
To make these Harvest Veggie Enchiladas, I quickly sauteed end-of-summer corn and zucchini, combined the veggies with black beans and warm Mexican spices, and then wrapped this tasty filling in fresh corn tortillas.
My favorite part of this dish is the Crema Verde, and it couldn’t be easier to make! Simply blend together sour cream and green salsa, and you’ve got a rich, delicious sauce.
Give these veggie enchiladas a try. They’re the perfect bridge between summer and fall!
Harvest Veggie Enchiladas with Crema Verde
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 ear corn, husked and kernels removed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) jar green salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
Prepare enchilada filling:
- Heat olive oil over medium-high in a large frying pan.
- Saute onion, stirring often, until it begins to brown around the edges (about 5 minutes).
- Add zucchini and corn kernels to pan, then cook until zucchini begins to soften, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium and let pan cool slightly.
- Stir black beans into vegetables and cook until heated through.
- Add garlic, cumin, oregano, and salt to pan and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute), stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and season to taste with additional salt, if desired. Set aside.
Make crema verde:
- Place salsa and sour cream in a medium bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with a layer of crema verde.
- Wrap 4 tortillas in a paper towel or dish cloth. Heat tortillas in microwave for 45 seconds or until very hot.
- Carefully remove 1 tortilla and place it on a flat surface (keep the remaining tortillas covered so they don't dry out).
- On one end of the tortilla, place 1/12 of the vegetable filling. Roll up the tortilla tightly and place it in the baking dish.
- Repeat this process with the remaining 3 tortillas and then heat 4 more tortillas and repeat again.
- After all the tortillas are filled, cover them with the remaining crema verde.
- Top the enchiladas with the cheddar cheese, then bake until heated through and cheese is melted, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
What foods are you craving this fall?