Treat yourself to these Heart Sandwich Cookies with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling ... they're the perfect Valentine’s Day recipe!
This post contains affiliate links.
Do you go all out celebrating Valentine's Day?
My husband and I generally keep things pretty simple. Sometimes we'll go out, but usually not on Valentine's Day itself. More often than not though, I'll cook a special meal for us to enjoy at home.
One of my favorite ways to celebrate the day is with a sweet treat (or two, let's be honest), like these Heart Sandwich Cookies with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling!
These adorable cookies are perfect for sharing with your sweetie or with your favorite friends.
Heart Sandwich Cookies
These sweet cookies make a wonderful holiday treat.
The cookies are crisp around the edges and chewy in the middle, and the filling is rich and delicious.
And who can resist a cute heart-shaped cookie at this time of year? Not me!
How to Make Heart Sandwich Cookies
These heart shaped cookies are easy to make and use simple ingredients for delicious results.
You'll need a heart shaped cookie cutter for the cookies. I like this Wilton cookie cutter set. It comes with multiple cutters, so you can make the cookies any size you'd like.
Wouldn't it be fun to make jumbo-sized cookies? Sounds like the perfect treat to share with a friend or a loved one!
The star of these Heart Sandwich Cookies is definitely the White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling. If that sounds like a bit of a mouthful, don't worry, because it's much easier to make than it is to say!
The filling is a simple mix of white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli), cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Mm mm mm!
To get the pretty pale pink color, simply add a touch of red food coloring to the filling.
I love Wilton Gel Food Coloring. It's so easy to use and super concentrated. I recommend dipping a toothpick into the gel color, then dipping it into your filling. Just a touch goes a long way, so start with a little and add more as needed.
To assemble your Heart Sandwich Cookies, simply spread that delish White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling between two cookies.
Then, fill a fine mesh strainer with a little powdered sugar and sprinkle the cookies for a cute finishing touch.
Not feeling those Valentine's Day vibes? No problem! Just use a different cookie cutter and color the filling whatever shade you wish. These Sandwich Cookies are delicious however you serve them!
These Heart Sandwich Cookies with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling are almost as fun to make as they are to eat. So grab your kids or besties and whip up a batch today!
Heart Sandwich Cookies
- nonstick cooking spray
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus extra for decorating
- red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Cream together butter and sugars using a mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla, salt, and egg.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda, then add to butter mixture and blend until a dough forms.
- Lightly flour a flat surface, then roll out dough to a little less than ½-inch thick.
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out 28 hearts (gather and re-roll dough scraps to get enough cookies).
- Transfer cookies to baking sheet. Bake until cookies are golden on bottom, about 8 to 10 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave. Set aside.
- Blend together cream cheese and butter with a mixer until smooth.
- Mix in vanilla and white chocolate. Then blend in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add red food coloring a little at a time until you get a pink color you like.
- Spread white chocolate filling generously over bottom of a cookie.
- Top with another cookie.
- Repeat with remaining cookies, then place a little powdered sugar in a fine mesh strainer and sprinkle over tops of cookies.
- Serve cookies immediately, or refrigerate until ready to eat. Enjoy!
What recipes are you planning to make for Valentine's Day?
P.S. I’ve got a lot more Valentine’s Day recipes, crafts, and ideas here!