How are you doing on your New Year’s resolutions? One of mine was to read more books. Although I read a lot (mostly online), I finished an embarrassingly small amount of books last year. The actual number is top secret, so don’t ask!
I’m happy to report that I’ve already finished my first book, And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini. It was really, really good, and now I have the reading bug. Next on my list is Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg. I’m sure I won’t fly through that one quite as quickly, but I’m looking forward to starting. Have you read it?
Before I share my favorite links, I want to mention that I’m giving away 4 Blue Apron boxes to my Facebook Fans. Each box contains all the fresh ingredients you need to cook 3 meals. This is a service that I use and love, and I think you will, too! Enter now … the contest ends today, 1/17/14, at 11:59 PM EST.
Anyway, on to the links!
Ladies: have you resolved to move up the career ladder this year? Then don’t miss Classy Career Girl’s 6 Steps to Becoming an Effective Female Leader in 2014.
A Beautiful Mess has a great article on How to Stock a Bar Cart. I’d love to set one up this year!
Why drink plain water when you can drink flavored water? Henry Happened shows you How to Make Infused Water in 10 Tasty Flavor Combinations.
These Seedy Times Square Photos from the late ’80s are fascinating, especially if you’ve been there lately (things have sure changed).
I’m a huge fan of hot-hot-hot foods, so I can’t wait to try these Spicy Garlic Green Beans from The First Year Blog.
This 1 Hour Floral and Lace Infinity Scarf from Flamingo Toes’ has me dreaming of spring!
So, apparently Orange Juice Pancakes (via Sugar Bee Crafts) are a thing. They couldn’t be easier to make, so I have them on my weekend to do list
I LOVE this DIY Wooden Polaroid Gift Set from Sugar & Cloth. I’m going to admit right now that I’ll probably be greedy and just make one for myself!
When I lived in Chicago, one of my favorite breakfasts was huevos rancheros from our local tacqueria. I still order it whenever I see it on the menu, but there’s no corner taco shop where I live now. All this is a long way of saying that I was excited to see Naturally Ella’s recipe for Roasted Sweet Potato Huevos Racheros – it looks so good!
Finally, Bakeaholic Mama shared a Grapefruit Sage Mimosa that would be there perfect thing to sip while checking out these great MLK Day/Weekend sales:
- Kohl’s: Take an Extra 15% off everything with code FLAKE15 (ends 1/21/14). Cardholders: take 20% off with Kohl’s charge using code RESOLVE20 (ends 1/27/14).
- Nordstrom: Check out new mark downs and save up to 50% on men’s dress shirts + shop activewear for the New Year, Eileen Fisher resort looks, winter skincare, and more!
- Mr. Kate: Save up to 70% on jewelry and accessories!
- Lucy: Take an additional 30% off sale items, plus get free shipping. (Ends 1/21/14.)
- The Limited: Take 40% off full-priced Items and 50% off all markdowns with code LONGWKND. (Valid 1/17/14 through 1/20/14.)
- Wasteland: Take 10% off vintage inspired fashions with code WASTELAND10. (Ends 3/31/14.)
- Alternative Apparel: Take 10% off any purchase with code AASHOPIT (ongoing).
- Bauble Bar: Save up to 60% on fashion jewelry (ongoing).
- C. Wonder: Enjoy 40% off full-price jewelry + get an EXTRA 50% off sale clothing, jewelry, accessories, home & decor, and more! (Discount applied automatically in cart. Valid through 1/31/14.)
- Living Social: Get 20% off sitewide with code LSJAN20. (Valid 1/17/14 through 1/20/14 at 11:59 pm PST. Restrictions apply, $20 max discount.)
- Kidrobot: Enjoy 15% off all orders with code WINTER2014 or take 25% off orders over $50 at with code KRJANUARY25. (Excludes Art Giants. Ends 1/31/14.)
- Art.com: Save 25% on all orders of art, prints, posters, fine art, decorative, and more with code WINTER25. (Valid through1/31/14.)
- Cost Plus World Market: Save up to 50% on all furniture, wall décor, art, and mirrors (ends 2/3/14). Plus, save up to 30% off all solid window curtains (ends 1/21/14).
- Home Decorators Collection: Warehouse sale! Get 30% off 1000 + items including OUTLET!
- Groupon: shop New Year, New You deals!
- Hancock Fabrics: Get savings up to 60% off on glacier and anti-pill fleece and solids + much more. (Ends 1/20/14 at 11:59 pm.)
- Sur La Table: Save up to 40% on cookware.
- Uncorked.com: Take 10% off top-rated wines with code UNCORKED10. (Ends 1/31/14.)
- Design Within Reach: Save 15% on select sofa collections, rugs, table lamps, and floor lamps (ends 1/29/14).
- M & J Trimming: Get 50% off select ribbons, buttons, trims, and more (ends 1/31/14). Quantities are limited!
What are your weekend plans? Do you have anything exciting going on?
P.S. Follow me on Pinterest to keep up with everything that catches my eye!