This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #McCafeMyWay #CollectiveBias
Is it just me, or are mornings way too stressful? There’s never enough time, I always seem to get stuck with the cold shower, and the thought of tackling my ever-expanding to-do list makes me want to crawl back into bed.
Thankfully, I’ve discovered a few tricks to make my mornings flow more smoothly, starting with coffee, of course! Today, I’m showing you how to make the perfect iced coffee with my new discovery, McCafé, plus sharing some of my time-saving tips.
I have a confession to make: I wasn’t always a coffee drinker. After a bout with acid reflux in college (super fun!), I gave it up. Sure, I treated myself to a latte here and there, but that was about it.
That all changed when I moved to New York. My first job here was pure misery. From devious co-workers to vague job expectations to screaming bosses, I started dreading my days there about a month after I started. Throw in a sweltering commute during a steamy NYC summer, and the only thing that got me through most mornings was my new obsession, iced coffee.
Although I left that job, but my love for iced coffee continued. I love to treat myself to a morning iced coffee, and sometimes I’m already thinking about it as I drift off to sleep the night before!
Speaking of my morning routine, I’ve developed a few tricks to get my day off to a good start.
- Pick out your outfit the night before. I always do this – down to underwear, shoes, and jewelry – and have eliminated last minute scrambling to put together the perfect ensemble.
- Before heading to bed, make the next day’s to-do list. This will clear your mind, and you won’t lay there thinking of everything you need to do tomorrow.
- Take a few minutes to stretch and get any kinks out before taking your morning shower.
- Give yourself a little extra time in the morning. I like to cushion my morning routine with an extra 15 – 30 minutes. That way I can sit down, eat breakfast, and relax for a few minutes before heading out the door.
- Treat yourself to something small, but special, like reading a favorite blog or … sipping an iced coffee!
Are you ready to learn how I make the perfect fresh-brewed iced coffee? It all starts with a great coffee, like McCafé! I found everything I needed to make my perfect iced coffee at Walmart.
This was my first time trying McCafé’s premium quality coffee, and I couldn’t have been more pleased with the rich, dark flavor. McCafé coffee is made with 100% Arabica Beans, comes in eight flavors, and is available in bag or coffee pods.
For iced coffee, I prefer to use a darker roast and always brew a strong cup. The McCafé Colombian that I tried had a wonderful, aromatic flavor, but didn’t have the bitter taste that a lot of darker roasts do.
Ready for my iced coffee trick? The first thing I do every morning is brew a cup of coffee, then before I jump in the shower, I stick my cup of coffee in the freezer!
While my coffee is cooling, I’m free to take my time showering, putting on makeup, and doing my hair. By the time I’m ready, my coffee is the perfect temperature, and I can add sugar, milk, and ice without watering down the flavor (hot coffee + ice = no bueno). It’s so easy!
- McCafé coffee
- 2% milk
- Start by brewing strong cup of coffee. For a large iced coffee you will need about 1 1/2 cups of coffee.
- Pour the hot coffee into a glass or plastic cup.
- Put the cup in the freezer for 30 - 45 minutes.
- When the coffee is cool, stir in sugar to taste. I use about 2 scant teaspoons.
- Add milk to taste. I use about 1/2 cup.
- Fill remaining space in cup with ice.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Don’t have time to let your coffee cool off in the freezer? I have a trick for that, too.
Simply fill an ice cube tray with leftover coffee the night before, then stir a few coffee ice cubes into your freshly-brewed coffee. The cubes will cool off your coffee without watering down the flavor like regular ice would. Once your coffee has cooled, just stir in sugar and milk to taste, then top off with regular ice or more coffee ice cubes.
What tricks do you have for creating a smooth morning routine?
I’m linking up with the Lou Lou Girls.