This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #McCafeMyWay #CollectiveBias
Once you learn how to make Iced Coffee, your morning will never be the same again … it’s easy!
I have a confession to make: I wasn’t always a coffee drinker. After a bout with acid reflux in college (super fun!), I gave it up. Sure, I treated myself to a latte here and there, but that was about it.
That all changed when I moved to New York. My first job here was pure misery. From devious co-workers to vague job expectations to screaming bosses, I started dreading my days there about a month after I started. Throw in a sweltering commute during a steamy NYC summer, and the only thing that got me through most mornings was my new obsession, iced coffee.
Although I left that job, but my love for iced coffee continued. I love to treat myself to a morning iced coffee, and sometimes I’m already thinking about it as I drift off to sleep the night before!
I learned how to make iced coffee at home, and now it’s part of my simplified morning routine.
Speaking of my morning routine, I’ve developed a few tricks to get my day off to a good start.
- Pick out your outfit the night before. I always do this – down to underwear, shoes, and jewelry – and have eliminated last minute scrambling to put together the perfect ensemble.
- Before heading to bed, make the next day’s to-do list. This will clear your mind, and you won’t lay there thinking of everything you need to do tomorrow.
- Take a few minutes to stretch and get any kinks out before taking your morning shower.
- Give yourself a little extra time in the morning. I like to cushion my morning routine with an extra 15 – 30 minutes. That way I can sit down, eat breakfast, and relax for a few minutes before heading out the door.
- Treat yourself to something small, but special, like reading a favorite blog or … sipping an iced coffee!
How to Make Iced Coffee
Are you ready to learn how I make the perfect fresh-brewed iced coffee?
Here’s my iced coffee trick … the first thing I do every morning is brew a cup of coffee. Then, before I jump in the shower, I stick my cup of coffee in the freezer!
While my coffee is cooling, I’m free to take my time showering, putting on makeup, and doing my hair.
By the time I’m ready, my coffee is the perfect temperature, and I can add sugar, milk, and ice without watering down the flavor (hot coffee + ice = no bueno). It’s so easy!
Learn how to make the perfect cup of iced coffee ... it's easy!
- 1 1/2 cups hot coffee
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (2% or whole milk is best)
Pour the hot coffee into a tall glass, then put the coffee in the freezer for 30 to 45 minutes.
When the coffee is cool, stir in sugar to taste. (I use about 1 teaspoon.)
Add milk to taste (I use about 1/2 cup), then fill glass with ice.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
I use a single cup coffee maker, but this same trick will work for a pot, too. Just transfer the coffee to a smaller cup so it cools off faster.
Don’t have time to let your coffee cool off in the freezer? I have a trick for that, too.
Simply fill an ice cube tray with leftover coffee the night before, then stir a few coffee ice cubes into your freshly-brewed coffee. The cubes will cool off your coffee without watering down the flavor like regular ice would. Once your coffee has cooled, just stir in sugar and milk to taste, then top off with regular ice or more coffee ice cubes.
What tricks do you have for creating a smooth morning routine?