Warm up with a bowl of hot, delicious Kitchen Sink Soup! This hearty, healthy vegetable soup is simple to make and packed with veggies!
I was about to run out the door yesterday, when I stopped to check the weather. It was in the 50's so I grabbed my jacket and headed out.
Fall weather is finally here, and I'm so happy about it! I love this time of year, when a light jacket and sweater are just enough to keep me warm.
There's nothing better than spending these days outside, kicking my boots through colorful leaves (still waiting on those), and enjoying the crisp, sunny weather.
I love returning home after a long day, cheeks rosy from the cold, to a hot bowl of this Kitchen Sink Soup ... it's the perfect end to a chilly day!
Kitchen Sink Soup
This "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" Soup is simple to make and chock full of healthy vegetables.
It's a great way to clear out your fridge and use up odds and ends of veggies. I used some of my favorite vegetables, but feel free to make substitutions depending on what you have on hand ... cabbage, roots vegetables, leftover frozen veggies, or fall squash (butternut would be delicious) would all work.
I love serving this soup with my favorite Garlic Bread recipe (or even better, Cheesy Garlic Bread). It makes such a delicious meal!
This Kitchen Sink Vegetable Soup will warm you up this fall and beyond (I won't mention the "w" word quite yet!).
Kitchen Sink Soup
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 medium red potatoes, chopped
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large cob corn, husked and kernels removed
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch kale, chopped (discard stems)
- 1 small handful flat leaf parsley, leaves removed and finely chopped
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large stock pot or dutch oven.
- Add onions, carrot, and celery to pot. Cook until onions begin to brown around the edges.
- Stir garlic and salt into vegetables and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add potatoes, vegetable broth, basil and oregano to pot. Cover pot, raise heat to high, and bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are just starting to get tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes, and kale to pot. Return soup to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir parsley into soup and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
Love this! It looks so hearty, filling, and warm. Thanks for linking up to Show Me Saturday. Hope to see you there again this week!
your kitchen sink vegetable soup looks delish and so warm and comfy for my belly on this chilly day! thanks for sharing your recipe!
What a hearty looking soup!
I love soup in the fall and winter, and this looks amazing! Bring on the antioxidants!!! 🙂
Mmmm this looks perfect for cool weather and the garlic bread looks like perfection!