This Layered Pumpkin Mousse is filled with rich, autumnal flavors that are impossible to resist. Serve it for Thanksgiving or with any fall meal!
This post contains affiliate links.
Right now, I am on a quest to enjoy fall as much as possible.
The weather has been sunny and crisp ... perfect for long walks in Central Park ... and I've brought my sweaters and boots back into rotation. After a hot summer, I'm especially enjoying the warmth of fall foods.
I love layered desserts. It's such an easy way to make an impressive looking treat (perfect for holiday meals). And since I've been so into pumpkin this fall, I thought it would be fun to create a Layered Pumpkin Mousse!
Layered Pumpkin Mousse
You are going to love the light and pretty layers of this no bake pumpkin mousse parfait, and the spicy, crunchy topping made from ginger snap cookies. It's the perfect fall treat!
I like to enjoy little bites of this easy pumpkin cheesecake mousse, each with a bit pumpkin, whipped cream, and cookie ... savoring every delicious bite.
My husband, on the other hand, was not quite as careful when eating this layered pumpkin dessert. He dug right in!
Either way, it's delicious!
How to Make Pumpkin Mousse
This pumpkin mousse recipe is super simple to make. A stand mixer makes things extra easy, but you can use a hand mixer if you don't have one.
You'll start by making homemade whipped cream and a yummy pumpkin cream cheese mixture.
Part of the whipped cream gets folded into the pumpkin to lighten it up. Take your time doing this so it doesn't deflate.
Then, you'll alternate layers of the pumpkin mixture and the whipped cream to create the Layered Pumpkin Mousse.
Make sure to serve this yummy pumpkin cream cheese mousse in a clear glass to show off the layers. These stemless wine glasses would be perfect!
It looks so pretty, doesn't it?
The finishing touch on this Pumpkin Mousse is a layer of crumbled ginger snaps. Yum!
I added a whole cookie on top, too.
If you're preparing the Layered Pumpkin Mousse in advance, add the ginger snap crumbs and cookie right before serving. That way, they'll stay crisp.
I love serving this Layered Pumpkin Mousse for special fall meals, like Thanksgiving.
It's so easy to make though that you'll want to enjoy this tasty pumpkin dessert all season long!
And by the way, if you love this Layered Pumpkin Mousse recipe, make sure to check out all of my pumpkin recipes!
Layered Pumpkin Mousse
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅛ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- dash nutmeg
- 8 ginger snap cookies (the crunchy kind)
- Using a stand mixer, whip the cream and sugar together until a soft peak forms. Transfer to another bowl and set aside.
- Add cream cheese and brown sugar to the mixing bowl and beat until completely smooth, scraping down the bowl a few times during the process.
- Add pumpkin and spices to the cream cheese. Mix until incorporated.
- Using a spatula, gently fold ⅓ of the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture. Be gentle; you want to keep as much air in the cream as possible. Set aside.
- Place half of the ginger snaps in the bowl of a food processor and process until you have chunky crumbs. Don’t over-process; you want to keep some texture and crunch. Set aside.
- Add ⅛ of the pumpkin mixture to the bottom of each of four glass.
- Next add ⅛ of the whipped cream.
- Add another layer of pumpkin, followed by another layer of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the top layer with the ginger snap crumbs.
- Finally, top each cup with a whole ginger snap cookie. (If you are not serving the mousse right away, wait until just before serving to add the crumbs and cookies, otherwise they will get soggy.)
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Are you a fan of pumpkin, too? What is your favorite way to enjoy it?