Get dinner on the table fast … this Easy One Pot Pasta recipe is sure to become a new family favorite!
Do you ever find a recipe so good that you make it over and over?
This One Pot Wonder Tomato Basil Pasta was one of those recipes for me. The first time I tried it, I loved it so much, that I made it again later that same week.
What I like about this recipe is that it’s very easy, and I usually have the ingredients on hand. Most importantly though, it’s super delicious!
This Easy One Pot Pasta with fire-roasted tomatoes, olives, and feta is adapted slightly from that recipe, and it’s so good. Plus, it’s fast enough to make on a busy weeknight!
How to Make this Easy One Pot Pasta Recipe
Have you ever made a One Pot Pasta recipe?
Basically, you throw all the ingredients into one pot—including the pasta—and cook everything together. Then, once the pasta is cooked, you add finishing touches like fresh basil and feta cheese … yum!
It’s the perfect meal to make in summer when you don’t want to be standing over a hot stove or in winter when you need to get dinner on the table fast. Basically, it’s good anytime!
This vegetarian One Pot Pasta is delicious as written, but it’s also easy to customize to your exact tastes! Who doesn’t love a recipe like that?
More Ideas for this Easy One Pot Pasta Recipe
Want to make this recipe your own? Here are a few ideas for simple substitutions.
- Use a large package of cherry or grape tomatoes in place of the canned tomatoes.
- Try other pasta shapes. I’ve used shells, and they worked great.
- For a puttanesca style sauce, leave out the basil and oregano and add a 1/2 cup quartered kalamata olives and 2 tbsp. capers.
- Replace the basil and oregano with dried thyme and add a can of drained and rinsed chickpeas.
- Add a jar of marinated artichoke hearts to the pot along with the other ingredients. When the pasta is done cooking, stir in a bag of baby spinach leaves.
The possibilities are endless. But no matter how you make this easy One Pot Pasta recipe, it’s sure to become a favorite!
This easy One Pot Pasta recipe couldn't be simpler to make, yet the taste is amazing!
- 12 ounces linguine
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 10 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
Combine all ingredients (except feta, basil leaves, salt, and pepper) in a large pot such as a dutch oven. Mix well.
Cover pot and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
Cook pasta covered for about 10 minutes or until al dente, stirring occasionally.
Remove pasta from heat, then stir in feta and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve pasta immediately. Enjoy!
Looking for more easy pasta recipes?
If you loved this easy One Pot Pasta, you’ll enjoy these simple pasta recipes, too:
- Cheesy Veggie Pasta Bake
- Farfalle with Roasted Asparagus, Lemon, and Parmesan
- Easy 15 Minute Tomato Basil Pasta
- Lemony Pasta Primavera with Roasted Vegetables
- Easy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
Okay, that’s just the tip of the iceberg … check out all of my pasta recipes here!
Do you think you will try this recipe?