Start (or end) your day with this delicious Mango Parfait! This simple recipe features layers of fresh mango, yogurt, and granola ... it's easy to make and so delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s time for another edition of my monthly series, Motivation Monday. If you'd like some simple motivational tips, check out the info after the recipe card!
I don't know about you, but I can never get enough mangos! They're just so juicy and delicious, and I try to eat them as much as possible.
Mango is especially delicious in the morning, and this Mango Parfait is one of my favorite breakfast recipes! This recipe is just bursting with fresh, tropical flavors.
You are going to love these tasty Breakfast Parfaits! They feature layers of mango-flavored yogurt, homemade granola, and fresh mango chunks, and they're topped with a sprinkle of coconut. Yum!
Best of all, this delicious breakfast is easy to make, and it actually feels like a treat ... one you won't have any problem waking up early for!
Ready to get started? Keep reading for all the details!
This recipe uses simple, easy to find ingredients! Here's what you'll need:
- Mango - You'll use fresh mango two ways in this recipe: pureed mango to flavor the yogurt and chunks to layer with the other parfait ingredients. Any type of mango works for this recipe.
- Yogurt - Thick, creamy Greek yogurt gets mixed with the mango puree and sweetened with a little honey (maple syrup could also be used).
- Granola - This recipe uses a simplified version of my easy Homemade Granola recipe. You just need four ingredients to make it (rolled oats, pecans or other nuts, coconut oil, and honey), and it's super quick and easy to prepare. Of course, store bought granola can also be used.
- Coconut - The layered Parfait is topped with a pinch of shredded coconut. This adds another layer of tropical flavor.
This recipe is naturally vegetarian and gluten free! If you'd like to make it vegan / dairy free, substitute vegan yogurt for the Greek yogurt and use maple syrup instead of honey.
You'll Also Need
You'll need a food processor or blender to puree the mango, a few bowls to prep the yogurt mixture and the granola, and a small saucepan and a baking sheet to bake the granola (these Circulon Baking Sheets are my fave!).
How to Make a Mango Parfait
This Mango Granola Parfait is simple to prepare! You'll find a detailed recipe card below, but here's an overview of the steps:
- Make granola. Start by preparing the granola so it has time to cool before assembling the parfaits. You'll begin by stirring together the oats and pecans. Next, heat the coconut oil and the honey in a small saucepan just until it starts to bubble. Drizzle the honey mixture over the oats, the mix well. Transfer the oat mixture to a baking sheet, then bake until golden brown, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Prep mango. Next, you're going to peel and chop four mangoes. Then puree two of the chopped mangos in a food processor until smooth. (Reserve the other two chopped mangos for assembling the parfait.)
- Make mango yogurt. Add the yogurt and honey to the pureed mango. Then process the mixture until well blended.
- Assemble parfaits. Place a few spoonfuls of yogurt mixture in the bottom of 4 small cups. Cover the yogurt with a layer of granola, then top the granola with a layer of the diced mango. Repeat these layers, then sprinkle the top of each parfait with shredded coconut.
Ta da ... your scrumptious homemade Mango Parfaits are ready to enjoy. Don't they look delish? And trust me, these layered treats taste even better than they look!
These Mango Yogurt Parfaits taste best when freshly assembled. If you're short on time though, you can always put them together the night before. You could also prep the yogurt, mango, and granola in advance, then layer the parfaits just before eating.
You'll only use about half the granola for this recipe ... which means you'll have plenty left over for future breakfasts! Store the leftover granola in an airtight container (at room temperature), and it will stay fresh for about two weeks.
Looking for more parfait ideas? Check out my these tempting recipes next:
- Layered Yogurt Parfaits
- Tropical Breakfast Parfaits
- Chocolate Strawberry Parfaits
- Caramel Apple Parfaits
- Cranberry Parfaits
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 large mangos
- 2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 teaspoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Add oats and pecans to baking sheet and stir.
- Combine coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook until mixture starts to bubble, stirring frequently.
- Remove mixture from heat, then drizzle over oats. Stir well.
- Bake granola until golden brown, about 20 to 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Peel and chop 2 mangoes. Place chopped mango in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add honey and yogurt to mango. Process mixture until completely smooth.
- Peel and dice remaining 2 mangoes. Set aside.
To Assemble Parfaits:
- Place a few spoonfuls of yogurt mixture in the bottom of 4 small cups.
- Cover yogurt with a layer of granola, then top granola with a layer of diced mango.
- Repeat layers, then sprinkle the top of each parfait with shredded coconut.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
For me, healthy living is all about motivation. It’s about finding the motivation to skip a second helping, go for a walk, or cook instead of ordering takeout . Each Motivation Monday features easy tips and a healthy recipe.
As part of my Motivation Monday series, I've worked on three goals this year. January's goal was to eat healthier snacks. I've done pretty well with this one and will be keeping it up.
In February, I started developing a consistent exercise routine and set a goal to workout at least 3 times a week, which has gone well for the most part. I love going for walks, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to get outside even more now that the weather is warmer.
Last month, my focus was on getting enough sleep. This one was really a challenge for me, and I need to spend more time working on it. I like staying up late and have a hard time winding down at night, but I also need to get up early in the morning, so something has to give!
Instead of working on a new goal for March, I'm revisiting my previous goals. When you set goals for yourself, do you take the time to stop and take stock of how you've been doing? That's one of the most important aspects of goal setting.
This month, I plan to continue working on those goals, as well as getting enough sleep, which was March's focus. Like I said above, I haven't done a great job with this one!
So I'm starting over and rededicating myself to getting my butt into bed earlier. I'll let you know how it went in May. One thing that makes getting up easier is the prospect of a delicious breakfast ... like this scrumptious Mango Parfait!
What are your goals for this month?
If you enjoyed these easy tips for eating and living healthier, then you can read all of my Motivation Monday posts:
- Spicy Chili Pepper Edamame + Healthy Snack Ideas
- Berry Green Smoothie + Tips for Creating an Exercise Routine
- Easy Asian Dumpling Soup + Tips for Getting Better Sleep
- Picnic Recipes + Enjoying the Outdoors
- Greek Quinoa Salad + Tips for Losing Weight
- Chinese Chopped Salad + Tips for Getting Back on Track