This shop/post has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone.
Pair this easy, cheesy Mexican Baked Spinach Dip with tortilla chips, veggies, and your fave soda for a mouthwatering appetizer that's impossible to resist!
My sister and I are actually known in my family for our love of spinach dip. My parents took us to a lot of parties when we were kids, and at one party we parked ourselves in front of a big bowl of spinach dip. I was too young to remember, but apparently, we didn't move until we had polished it off. Ha!
These days, I have a (little) more self control. I still can't resist a tasty dip though, especially if it's hot and cheesy.
This Mexican Baked Spinach Dip is a fun, flavor-packed twist on my fave hot spinach dip recipe, and it's just as irresistible as the classic!
Mexican Baked Spinach Dip
This hot spinach dip with cream cheese is about to become your favorite party dip!
It's rich and creamy, and the addition of green chiles and pepper jack cheese is such a fun twist to the classic spinach dip recipe.
I love this Mexican Baked Spinach Dip for entertaining. It's so simple to make, and you can even prep it ahead of time. Come party time, all you need to do is pair this easy baked spinach dip with chips, veggies, and Diet Coke, and you have a fiesta!
How to Make Mexican Baked Spinach Dip
This hot spinach dip recipe is destined to become your new favorite party recipe. And I love that it's so simple to make!
The recipe starts with a base of flavorful sauteed onions, fresh garlic, and chili powder.
To save a little time, I like to use frozen, chopped spinach for this recipe. Frozen spinach has a lot of excess water in it though, so before adding it to the onion mixture, make sure to squeeze the spinach out really well.
Then, you'll stir it into the onions, along with a can of diced green chiles.
The cream cheese is next. I used Neufchâtel cheese, which is a little lighter than regular cream cheese. You could also use light or full-fat cream cheese, it's up to you.
Mix it in the cream cheese until smooth, then stir in the sour cream and Pepper Jack cheese.
After you transfer the spinach dip to a baking dish, an extra sprinkle of Pepper Jack is the finishing touch. (Make sure to see the recipe note if you want to turn the heat-level down or up, by the way.)
Bake your dip until hot and golden, then it's time to eat!
I like serving this Mexican Spinach Dip recipe with tortilla chips and sliced veggies for scooping ... and of course, Diet Coke! It's impossible to go wrong with this classic pairing.
This easy spinach dip would be just as tasty with crackers or pita chips though, so feel free to choose your favorite dippers.
However you serve it, this hot spinach dip recipe is sure to be a hit at your next party ... especially when paired with Diet Coke!
Loved this Baked Spinach Dip recipe?
If you enjoyed this cheesy baked dip, then here are some other recipes you'll want to try:
- Southwest Hummus with Spicy Corn Relish
- Cheesy Baked Black Bean Dip
- Mini Bell Pepper Nachos
- Baked Black Bean Taquitos with Avocado Cream
- Mini Black Bean Tostadas with Chipotle Cream
Mexican Baked Spinach Dip
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained*
- 1 (8-ounce) package Neufchâtel cream cheese, cubed
- ¾ cup light sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese, divided*
- tortilla chips
- veggies, such as carrots and bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray a pie pan or square baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Remove spinach from package, then use hands to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add onion to oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until translucent and starting to brown (about 7 to 10 minutes).
- Stir garlic and chili powder into onion; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds to 1 minute).
- Mix in spinach and diced chiles until thoroughly combined.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in cream cheese until smooth. Mix in sour cream, then stir in 1 ½ cups Pepper Jack cheese (reserve remainder for topping).
- Season dip to taste with salt and pepper, then transfer to pie pan.
- Sprinkle dip with remaining Pepper Jack, then bake until hot and lightly browned on top.
- Serve dip hot with chips and veggies. Enjoy!
Now that you know how to make this amazing Mexican Baked Spinach Dip, it's time to start planning your party.
What is your favorite party dip recipe?