This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Are you looking for a fun game day recipe? Try these delicious Mini Black Bean Tostadas with Chipotle Cream!
I grew up near Green Bay, and it basically shut down on game day.
Really, I kid you not ... you could drive through this city of 100,000 on Sundays, and you'd only meet two or three cars max. Stores were empty, too. You just knew everyone was at home glued to their TVs, and that you were probably missing the most important part of the game!
Of course, with this much importance placed on the game, any game day food you served had to be just as amazing.
Like these Mini Black Bean Tostadas ... they'd be a winner at any football party!
Mini Black Bean Tostadas
I love serving Mexican food for game day parties. It's hearty, delicious, and everyone loves it!
Tostadas are a favorite of mine, so I decided to give my go to recipe a twist. These Mini Black Bean Tostadas with Chipotle Cream are the result.
These bite size treats are delicious and addictive ... try to stop at one! They're sure to be a hit at your next football party.
How to Make Mini Tostadas
I used authentic La Morena products for this recipe ... their smoky, versatile chipotle peppers are my absolute fave. La Morena has been supplying U.S. cooks with the highest quality, most authentic products for over 25 years, so I know I'm getting the best.
My Mini Black Bean Tostadas recipe uses chipotle peppers two ways:
- First, I used a pepper (add more if you like spicy food), along with other spices, to season the black beans. The black beans are baked on the mini tostadas, along with cheese. After baking the tostadas, sprinkle them with chopped cilantro for a fresh flavor and a little color.
- Then, I used the adobo sauce that the chipotle peppers are packed in for the Chipotle Cream. This delicious cream is the perfect topping for my tostadas, but I like using it in other recipes, too. Try it on a baked potato ... yum!
I love spicy foods, so I also topped half of the finished tostadas with La Morena Sliced Jalapenos. The jalapenos come packed with carrots, and I like serving any extra jalapenos and carrots on the side for a delicious and spicy garnish.
If you're serving these Mini Black Bean Tostadas with Chipotle Cream for a party, prep the tostadas, beans, and cream ahead of time. Then bake the tostadas and add your toppings right before serving. It's the perfect game day recipe!
I only got to eat three of these Mini Black Bean Tostadas with Chipotle Cream before my husband ate the rest! It hardly seems fair, and a recipe repeat is definitely in order soon!
Mini Black Bean Tostadas with Chipotle Cream
- 7 corn tortillas
- nonstick cooking spray
For Black Beans:
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans
- 1 La Morena chipotle pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup shredded Colby Jack cheese blend
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce, from La Morena Chipotles in Adobo Sauce
- 1 (7-ounce) can La Morena La Morena Sliced Jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Use a small circle cutter (mine was slightly less than 2-inches) to cut 5 circles from each tortilla.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray, then add tortilla circles in a single layer.
- Bake mini tostadas for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned, flipping halfway through. Set aside.
Prepare Black Beans:
- Drain, but do not rinse, black beans. Add to a medium sized bowl, then mash until 75% smooth.
- Stir chipotle pepper, cumin, oregano, salt, and garlic into beans.
Assemble and Bake Tostadas:
- Top mini tostadas with black beans, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake tostadas until hot and cheese is melted, about 5 - 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Combine adobo sauce and sour cream. Set aside.
- Remove a few jalapeno slices from the can and blot with paper towels. Cut into bite sized pieces. Place remaining slices in a small dish for a garnish. Set both aside.
- When tostadas are finished baking, sprinkle with cilantro. Top tostadas with a dollop of chipotle cream, then garnish with jalapenos, if desired.
- Serve tostadas immediately with extra jalapenos on the side. Enjoy!
Do you love serving Mexican food on game day as much as I do?
These sound so good, Ginnie!
Thanks, Amy! They are delish! 🙂