This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Pair these Mini Cheese Quiche with Pan Roasted Mushrooms with your favorite wine for a relaxed date night at home!
With my husband traveling so much for work, we like to spend as much time together as possible when he’s home. And although we enjoy exploring Dallas together, that often that means enjoying a relaxed date night at home.
We both love wine, so any night we open a bottle is special, especially when it’s paired with a delicious appetizer!
I love serving small bites for these nights at home. It’s casual, fun, and so much more romantic than a heavy meal.
These Mini Cheese Quiche with Pan Roasted Mushrooms are exactly the kind of recipe that’s perfect for date night!
Mini Cheese Quiche
With their sharp cheddar, caramelized shallots, and meaty mushrooms, these savory cheese tarts are bursting with flavors that pair perfectly with cabernet sauvignon. Robert Mondavi Private Selection is a favorite of ours, so I headed to my local Kroger to pick up a bottle.
If you’ve ever thought cabernet sauvignon was overpowering or had too many tannins, Robert Mondavi Private Selection is for you! This wine is smooth and well balanced, yet still aromatic with a delicious full-bodied taste. Both my husband and I loved it.
We enjoy Robert Mondavi Private Selection because it offers something substantive and real: Robert Mondavi’s legendary winemaking expertise and pioneering legacy captured in elegantly expressive Coastal California wines crafted for everyday enjoyment.
It reminds us of the years we spent living in California, and we’ve actually toured the winery before. It’s definitely worth a visit!
After you’ve picked up your wine, head home to plan the perfect date night!
I find that I’m more relaxed on these fun nights at home when I skip the elaborate meal, and focus on something light that pairs perfectly with my fave wine.
Like these yummy mini Mushroom Tarts!
How to Make Mini Cheese Quiches
Although they look kind of fancy, these delish savory Cheese Tarts with Pan Roasted Mushrooms are quick to prepare with a few simple ingredients.
I used a premade pie crust to simplify the quiche making process. You still get to enjoy a delicious flaky crust, but it makes assembling the mini tarts so much easier.
Make sure to the kind that comes in a box, rather than the kind that’s already pressed in a pie plate. You can usually find it near the shredded cheese section.
You’ll use a round 2.5-inch cutter to cut circle out of the pie crust.
If you don’t have the right size cutter, you can always use a knife to cut around a glass or another round object of the same size.
Make sure to cut out the rounds as close together as possible to ensure you get 12.
Tip: if you’d like to use up the extra pie scraps, toss them with a little melted butter and cinnamon sugar, then bake until crisp. Yum!
You’ll press the circles into a regular-size muffin pan and then fill them with caramelized shallots and sharp cheddar cheese.
Then, you’ll top the mini tarts off with a simple egg-milk mixture and bake until set.
Pan Roasted mushrooms are the perfect finishing touch to these Mini Cheese Quiche, and they’re so easy to prepare.
You just need a hot pan, a few minutes to brown the mushrooms, and a little garlic and fresh thyme for tons of flavor.
If you’re not a mushroom fan, the tarts are delicious as is, or you could add a different topping, like slice olives or roasted peppers.
I don’t know about you, but I want to take a bite out of that screen … those mini mushroom tarts look amazing!
So what are you waiting for?
Surprise your sweetie with a bottle of your fave wine and these savory Cheese Tarts tonight!
Mini Cheese Quiche with Pan Roasted Mushrooms
- Nonstick spray
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms (use all white, brown, wild, or a mixture)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for serving
- diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a regular size muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook until completely caramelized, reducing the heat if necessary, and stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and salt and pepper (to taste) in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place pie crust on a flat surface; use a 2.5-inch cutter to cut out 12 rounds.
- Gently press pie crust rounds into muffin pan.
- Top crust with shallots, then cheese. Pour egg mixture over shallots and cheese. Do not overfill.
- Bake tarts until set and crust is lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While tarts are cooking, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until browned.
- Stir in garlic and remove from heat, continuing to stir until pan stops sizzling.
- Season mushrooms to taste with salt and pepper; stir in thyme.
- Serve tarts over arugula and tomatoes, if desired, topped with mushrooms and a sprig of thyme. Enjoy!
Loved these Mini Quiches?
If you enjoyed this quiche recipe, you’ll like these easy appetizer ideas, too!
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Dates
- Feta, Pepper, and Olive Bites
- Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Ricotta
- Creamy Lemon Artichoke Spread
- Baked Brie with Cranberries and Pecans
What is your favorite way to enjoy date night?