It isn’t Christmas in my home without making these Black Bottom Cupcakes—basically, Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes—at least once … and I know you’re going to love them, too!
This post contains affiliate links.
Do you have a favorite holiday cookie recipe?
I have three that I have to make every year: Poppy Seed Kiss Cookies, Nona’s Pecan Fingers, and these Black Bottom Cupcakes, or as I usually call them, Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes. It’s a trifecta of Christmas cookie goodness!
If you are anything like me, you are going to absolutely adore these Mini Cupcakes!
Although they’re not really a cookie, these Black Bottoms go right on the tray with my other faves, and they’re the perfect bite-sized sweet that any cheesecake lover will flip for.
My mom made these tasty treats every Christmas, and I’m happy to carry on the tradition.
Black Bottom Cupcakes
These mini cupcakes have a couple delicious components that set them apart: a luscious chocolate chip cheesecake and a rich chocolate cake batter.
It’s the like the best chocolate cake, plus a yummy cheesecake, combined in a decadent little treat … not to mention, chocolate chips. Yum!
Thankfully, these tasty little cupcakes are quick and easy to make from simple ingredients. In fact, I could practically make these Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes in my sleep.
Black Bottoms make a fun alternative to Christmas Cookies, but there’s really no reason you can’t enjoy them year round. Keep reading for all the delicious details!
How to Make Black Bottoms
These Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes aren’t difficult to make, but preparing them assembly line style makes the process faster and easier.
Prep the cheesecake and cake batter first, then set out the nuts if you’re using them. You’ll also need a mini muffin pan (get a couple to save time) and cupcake liners (Wilton makes an awesome selection!).
Add the liners to the muffin pans, the add the cake batter to each liner. Next, add the chocolate chip cheesecake filling. Finally, sprinkle with the nuts and bake.
I have to admit that I skip (or forget) the nuts most years, but after adding them this year, I won’t do that again. The flavorful, crunchy nuts definitely add the perfect finishing touch to these Black Bottom Cupcakes!
Each bite of these Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes is a burst of creamy cheesecake surrounded by rich chocolate cake … yum!
Make them for your family and friends this holiday season or any time of year … there’s no reason to confine them to the holidays.
The only bad thing about these Black Bottom Cupcakes is that they don’t last long. Let me know if you try them, I’d love to hear what you think!
Loved these Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes?
If you loved this easy Black Bottom Cupcakes recipes, then you’ll want to try my other Christmas Cookies, too!
- Nona’s Pecan Fingers
- Poppy Seed Kiss Cookies
- Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies
- Ginger Spice Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies
- Curry Shortbread Cookies
- Honey Cookies
Black Bottom Cupcakes
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (canola or coconut oil also work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, mix cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in egg, sugar, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand; set aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Add water, oil, and vanilla to flour mixture; stir until combined.
- Fill each cup 1/3 full with chocolate mixture and then top with 1 teaspoon of the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with nuts, if desired.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or just until set. Do not over bake.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving. Enjoy!
What holiday recipes do you make every year?
P.S. Check out all of my Christmas recipes, crafts, gift guides, and decor ideas here!