These Mini Strawberry Shortcakes are perfect for parties or anytime you’re craving something sweet!
Petite and delicious, you won’t be able to stop at one of these bite-sized treats!
My mom took my sister and I berry picking every summer. We always had tons of fun, got super dirty, and probably ate more than we saved.
A lot of our berries went toward jam making, but we set aside plenty to eat, too. There is nothing better than a fresh, sweet strawberry!
Now, I will eat strawberries any way you serve them to me, but Strawberry Shortcake has always been one of my favorite desserts.
It’s somehow so simple, yet so perfect, and it just screams summer.
These Mini Strawberry Shortcakes are a fun twist on my favorite summer dessert.
The taste of these mini shortcakes is amazing, and I really cannot get over how cute they are!
Full of the same flavors you love from the classic in a bite-sized package, this easy mini strawberry shortcake recipe is perfect for all your summer parties. These beauties are bursting with fresh, sweet summer flavor.
Plus, they’re easy to make … my fave kind of recipe!
How to Make Mini Strawberry Shortcakes
The first step in this Mini Strawberry Shortcakes recipe is making the biscuits.
They only take a few minutes to make from ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard, and the finished biscuits are light and delicious.
To cut out these tiny biscuits, you will need a small round cookie or biscuit cutter. I have a vintage cutter from my mom’s kitchen that measures somewhere between 1 and 1 1/4-inches in diameter. If you don’t have a cutter that small, check out this round cutter set (affiliate link).
After the biscuits have cooled, you’ll top them with fresh whipped cream and sweet strawberry slices.
It’s so easy to make your own whipped cream, so don’t skip that step. And of course, you’ll need the best, freshest strawberries.
And that’s all there is to this mini strawberry shortcake recipe … I told you these cuties were easy to make!
Don’t these individual strawberry shortcakes just look so delicious? I’m telling you, they’re the perfect poppable size. Yum!
These delicious Mini Strawberry Shortcakes would be a hit at any summer party. Make a batch of these mini shortcakes today!
Mini Strawberry Shortcakes
- 1 cup flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- about 1/2 pound small strawberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray or lightly coat with butter.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add butter to flour mixture and pulse until combined.
- Pour milk into processor and pulse just until ingredients come together. Do not overwork.
- Transfer dough to a well floured board, turning dough to lightly coat it in flour.
- Gently pat dough into a circle about 1/2-inch thick.
- Use a 1-inch round cutter to cut out 35 circles.
- Transfer circles to the baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits about 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden on bottom.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Combine heavy cream and powdered sugar in a medium bowl.
- Using a whisk, whip cream until it can hold a peak.
- Slice strawberries.
- Top each cooled biscuit with a dollop of whip cream and a slice of strawberry.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Love this Mini Strawberry Shortcake recipe and want more?
If you liked these mini shortcakes, I know you’ll enjoy these other strawberry recipes, too!
- Strawberries and Cream Crepes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Parfaits
- Strawberry Coconut Paletas
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- Strawberry Pecan Ice Cream Cake
What is your favorite strawberry dessert?