Learn how to make these delicious Mixed Berry Mini Trifles! These individual trifle desserts are a simple treat that is the perfect red, white, and blue dessert for your favorite patriotic holiday … or any occasion!
This post contains affiliate links.
To me, the 4th of July equals cookouts. And my favorite part of any barbecue is the dessert!
I have a major sweet tooth, so a table filled with pies, cupcakes, ice cream, and other treats makes me really, really happy. Please tell me I’m not the only one.
If it’s a red, white, and blue dessert, even better. Which is why I love these delicious Mixed Berry Mini Trifles … serve them for your fave patriotic holiday or any summer occasion!
If you are looking for the perfect summer dessert recipe, these individual trifles in glasses are it.
Yes, they look adorable and maybe a little fussy, but you won’t believe how simple these Mixed Berry Mini Trifles are to make! There’s no baking required, just a little mixing and slicing … so simple!
Each bite of these individual trifle desserts is filled with fresh fruit, creamy custard, and delicious cake. They’re so delicious and fresh tasting.
And of course, they’re the perfect red, white, and blue dessert for any summer occasion!
How to Make Mixed Berry Mini Trifles
You’ll be surprised how simple this easy trifle recipe is to make!
The first thing you’ll want to do is combine the strawberries with a little sugar. Set them aside while you work on the other ingredients, and the sugar will draw the juices out of the berries.
Next, you’ll work on the custard, which is almost like a no bake cheesecake. It’s a combination of cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Simply mix everything until smooth and then it’s time to assemble your trifles.
But first, you’ll need a clear container to layer them in. I used plastic cups, which are perfect for parties. But any small glass, as well as mini trifle bowls or even small mason jars would work, too.
To assemble these mini desserts, you’ll layer ladyfingers (cake works, too), with the cream cheese mixture, strawberries, and fresh blueberries.
It’s tempting to dig right in, but this dessert needs to be refrigerated for about four hours before servings. This allows the ladyfingers to absorb liquid from the other ingredients and for the flavors to blend.
Then, it’s time to eat … you are going to love this mini layered dessert!
These simple Mixed Berry Mini Trifles are sure to be a hit whenever you serve them! Make sure to let me know what you think.
Mixed Berry Mini Trifles
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- dash vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (3-ounce) package ladyfingers (or yellow or white cake), broken into pieces
- 1 pint blueberries
- 6 small glasses or jar
- Combine strawberries and granulated sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for about 10 minutes to allow the sugar to dissolve.
- Using a stand (or hand) mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add the milk and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Add a layer of ladyfingers, followed by a dollop of cream cheese mixture to each glass. Cover with a layer of strawberries. Add another layer of ladyfingers and more cream cheese. Top with blueberries.
- Refrigerate the trifles for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving. Enjoy!
Did you enjoy these Mixed Berry Mini Trifles?
Then, you’ll want to check out some of my other recipes! I’ve rounded up 30 Red, White, and Blue Desserts here … they’re perfect for any summer party!
And here are some other dessert recipes you’ll love:
- Strawberry and Cream Crepes
- Mini Fruit Pizza Cookies
- Raspberry White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Mini Cherry Tarts
- Berry Cream Tarts
- Mini Strawberry Shortcakes
What is your favorite summer treat?