Treat your family to this amazing Mushroom, Kale, and Cheddar Quiche … it’s the perfect recipe for Easter, brunch, or any meal!
This post contains affiliate links.
Brunch is my fave! I’ve never loved breakfast food, so I prefer the wider range of options that brunch usually offers. Plus, it’s the perfect excuse to sleep in a bit, meet up with friends, and maybe enjoy a cocktail (or two).
My husband, on the other hand, is not a fan. It’s not that he doesn’t like the food … no complaints there.
It’s the crowds. He doesn’t like to wait in lines.
So either we need to go early or enjoy our brunch at home. And although I prefer to go out, sometimes it’s easier to skip the complaining (know what I mean?) and enjoy it at home, especially with delicious options like this Mushroom, Kale, and Cheddar Quiche!
Mushroom, Kale, and Cheddar Quiche
Mmm … I love quiche! It’s such a flexible dish, and this Mushroom, Kale, and Cheddar Quiche is one of my go to recipes.
It would be the perfect addition to your Easter table, although I definitely enjoy it year round!
This easy kale quiche recipe is packed with my fave ingredients: tender potatoes, savory mushrooms and kale, and delicious sharp cheddar cheese.
There is so much flavor in this cheese and veggie quiche, and yet it’s so easy to make.
How to Make Mushroom, Kale, and Cheddar Quiche
The first step in this easy kale quiche recipe is to saute the veggies. This removes excess water and concentrates their flavor. If you’re preparing this quiche for an event, you can saute the vegetables the day before to save a little time.
Make sure to use a pan with a lid; you’ll need it for the kale. I used my Calphalon Wok, which I love. It’s super heavy duty and so versatile. I use it for way more than stir fries.
To keep things simple, I used a premade pie crust for my Mushroom, Kale, and Cheddar Quiche. What can I say? I love a recipe shortcut!
If you’d like to make your own pie crust though, try the recipe I used for my Tomato, Feta, and Basil Pie. It only takes a few minutes to make and is buttery and flaky.
To assemble this easy kale quiche, you’ll top the crust with cheddar cheese, which will help to keep your crust from getting soggy. The veggies get layered over the cheese.
An egg-milk mixture gets poured over the top, then everything gets baked.
This cheesy quiche recipe is so easy, yet so delicious! And the leftovers reheat well, too … if you have any!
Make this tasty Mushroom, Kale, and Cheddar Quiche part of your next brunch, and you’ll have a dish no one will be able to resist!
Mushroom, Kale, and Cheddar Quiche
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small red potatoes, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and discarded; leaves roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove pie crust from refrigerator.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until starting to brown.
- Mix in mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until browned.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and more salt and pepper (to taste). Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Stir in kale, add 1/3 cup water, cover pan, and cook until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Remove veggies from heat, adjust seasoning if necessary, and let cool.
- Mix half the cheddar cheese into the veggies.
- Place crust in pie pan and crimp edges.
- Top crust with remaining cheese, then veggies.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; pour over veggies.
- Bake quiche until center is set and crust is golden, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cut the quiche into 8 wedges and serve. Enjoy!
Loved this yummy Kale Quiche?
If you enjoyed this recipe, then you’ll love these dishes, too:
- Mexican Baked Eggs
- Mediterranean Strata
- Vegetarian Sausage and Egg Hand Pies
- Mexican Breakfast Tostadas
Looking for more brunch recipes? I’ve rounded up 45 amazing brunch recipes here!
What is your favorite brunch recipe?