Learn how to make delicious, easy Olive Hummus with your favorite olives (green or black) … it’s a healthy snack recipe that’s ready in minutes!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you an olive lover?
I definitely am, although my husband isn’t. Which is not a bad thing really, because it means more olives for me!
Hummus is one recipe that is especially delicious with olives added. Briny olives add so much flavor, and they can take the classic hummus recipe from just tasty to totally mouthwatering.
If you love olives as much as I do, then you definitely need to try this easy Olive Hummus! It’s super delicious, and even better, it takes minutes to make … sounds like the perfect snack to me.
This easy hummus recipe uses simple, healthy ingredients:
Tahini is the only ingredient you may have trouble finding (although most grocery stores now stock it). It’s a pureed sesame paste, and hummus just doesn’t taste the same without it. So track it down. You can buy hummus on Amazon, too.
You can use any kind of olives for this recipe. I especially love it made with Kalamata Olives, but regular old black olives work, as do green olives. Use your favorite kind.
How to Make Olive Hummus
Now that you’ve gathered your ingredients, it’s time to make the hummus!
To get started, you’ll mince a garlic clove in a food processor.
Then, you’ll add in chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and salt to taste. You want to process that until it’s totally smooth … give it two to three minutes. If the hummus is too dry to blend, add a tablespoon or two of water.
Finally, you’ll add the olives. This dip is best when the olives are a little chunky, so don’t over-process. You want to see some small chunks.
Doesn’t that look so delicious? And like I mentioned earlier, you can use this recipe to make Black or Green Olive Hummus. The choice is up to you, so try it with your fave olives!
Not only is the recipe tasty, but it’s also vegan, gluten-free, and pretty darn healthy, too.
What to Serve with Black Olive Hummus
Serve this hummus with your favorite veggies (I like cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, and bell peppers) and pita bread, homemade pita chips, or homemade Herb Parmesan Crackers. These focaccia crackers are also a fave of mine if you don’t want to make your own.
However you serve it, this Olive Hummus makes the perfect snack or party appetizer!
If you enjoyed this easy chickpea dip, here are some other recipes you’ll like, too:
- How to Make Hummus (the BEST, most authentic recipe + tons of tips)
- Layered Greek Hummus Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Southwest Hummus with Spicy Corn Relish
- Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Spicy Chipotle Hummus
Make sure to check out all of my snack and appetizer recipes, too.
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped olives (I like kalamata, but other varieties work, too)
- extra virgin olive oil, optional
- paprika, optional
- chopped olives, optional
- veggies, such as cucumbers, peppers, carrots, grape tomatoes, etc.
- pita bread, pita chips, and/or crackers
- Pulse garlic clove in a food processor until minced.
- Scrape down sides of food processor, then add chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and salt to garlic. Blend until totally smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add olives to hummus; pulse just until combined. (Do not over-process; you should still be able to see small chunks of olive.)
- Season hummus to taste with additional salt. Transfer to a bowl, then drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with paprika, and top with additional chopped olives, if desired.
- Serve hummus with veggies, pita bread, pita chips, and/or crackers. Enjoy!
What is your favorite kind of hummus?