Treat yourself to this scrumptious Pumpkin Pizza!
You are going to fall in love with this savory pie ... each bite is bursting with warm autumn flavors that will have you licking your lips and reaching for another slice. Make it tonight!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Is it just me, or does it feel like the cut off time for pumpkin recipes is right around Thanksgiving? Personally, I could (and do) eat this fave seasonal veggie year round, but I get it ... we've reached peak saturation, ha!
Once I made this amazing Roasted Pumpkin Pizza though, all timelines were off. I had to squeeze in just one more recipe, because this pizza is a total treat for pumpkin lovers.
You are going to love this gourmet pie! Each bite of this savory recipe is loaded with a mouthwatering combo of roast pumpkin, tangy feta, and herby pesto. So delicious, and perhaps best of all, easy to make.
Ready to try this yummy Fall Pizza for yourself? Then keep reading for all the details!
This Pumpkin Feta Pizza is big on flavor, but low on ingredients! Here's what you'll need:
- Fresh Pumpkin - You'll need one sugar / pie pumpkin for this recipe. These pumpkin are smaller than jack o' lantern-style pumpkins, and much better for cooking. Look for them in the produce section of your store.
- Homemade Pesto - This pizza is made with a homemade Rosemary Pesto that really enhances the flavor of the pumpkin.
- Cheese - You'll use a combo of classic mozzarella and tangy feta.
- Fresh Rosemary - A sprinkle of this fragrant herb is the perfect finishing touch.
- Pizza Dough - Make your own or purchase a ball at your local grocery store.
This recipe is fairly flexible, and you can make it with different squash or cheeses, or you can add some extra veggies. Check out the Variations section below for more tips.
You'll Also Need
You'll need a baking sheet to roast the pumpkin (these Circulon pans are my fave) and a food processor to make the pesto. And of course, you'll need a pizza pan ... this USA Pan Pizza Pan is the BEST!
How to Make Pumpkin Pizza
This recipe has a few steps, but it's easy to make. You'll find a detailed, printable recipe below, but here's a quick overview:
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes and roast. Oven roasting the pumpkin is the easiest way to prepare it, and it really brings out its flavor. (If you've never cooked with fresh pumpkin before check out my tip below for peeling / cutting it.) Use the roasting time to prepare the pesto.
- Spread pizza dough on pan, then top with pesto. If the dough won't stay in place, then it rest for five minutes, then continue pressing it into the pan. Continue this process until it reaches the edge of the pan and holds its shape.
- Sprinkle pesto with mozzarella.
- Top mozzarella with pumpkin. You can use all of the pumpkin (like I did), or you can use less. It's up to you. (If you do have leftover pumpkin, make another pizza, or use it to make a Roasted Pumpkin Salad or Pumpkin Risotto.)
- Sprinkle pumpkin with feta.
- Bake pizza. You want to cook the pizza until the crust is browned. It should take about 15 to 20 minutes in most ovens.
When the pizza is done cooking, top it with a sprinkle of fresh rosemary. Then it's time to eat!
Tip: The easiest way to peel a pumpkin is to start by cutting a small hole in the top (around the stem). Using the hole as a handle, carefully peel the outside with a sharp vegetable peeler (watch your fingers). Once peeled, cut the pumpkin in half, remove the seeds, then cut it into cubes.
Once you've mastered the basic recipe, have fun tinkering with it! Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Squash - Can't find fresh pumpkin? Feel free to replace it with another winter squash, like Butternut or Kabocha. You will need about four to six cups of cubes.
- Veggies - This recipe would be delish with some extra seasonal veggies added, like sautéed mushrooms, kale, or spinach. Or try topping the finished pie with arugula dressed with lemon and olive oil.
- Pesto - Feel free to use another kind of pesto for this recipe, like classic Basil Pesto or this unique Macadamia Pesto. You can also use a store bought pesto to save a little time.
- Cheese - Try replacing the mozzarella with an Italian blend or another melty cheese. Goat cheese or blue cheese would work well instead of feta.
This yummy Pumpkin Pesto Pizza is the perfect fall meal. Enjoy it throughout autumn or serve it as a special treat on Halloween or for a casual Thanksgiving / Friendsgiving!
Try pairing it with some Garlic Bread or a light salad (like this Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad or this Easy Chopped Salad) for a well rounded meal. For an easy dessert, you'll love these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Looking for more veggie pizza ideas? Try one of these recipes next:
- Roasted Veggie Pizza
- Gorgonzola Pear Pizza
- Kale Pizza
- Deep Dish Pizza with Broccoli, Spinach, and Feta
- Green Pizza with Pesto, Feta, Artichokes, and Broccoli
- Pesto, Feta, and Veggie Pizza
- White Pizza
Is it savory pumpkin recipes you're craving? Then you'll love my Pumpkin Couscous, Pumpkin Red Lentil Curry, Vegan Pumpkin Curry, Roasted Pumpkin Soup, Pumpkin Chili, Roasted Pumpkin Salad, and Pumpkin Risotto recipes, too!
- 1 pie pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- kosher salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large clove garlic
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 ½ cups flat leaf parsley (packed)
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ teasoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel pumpkin and remove seeds. Cut into cubes.
- Add pumpkin to baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Roast pumpkin for 20 minutes. Flip, then cook until tender and lightly browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Lightly oil pizza pan (or spray with nonstick spray), then top with pizza dough. Use your hands to spread dough across pan.
- Spread ½ the pesto over the dough (reserve rest for another use), then sprinkle with mozzarella. Top cheese with pumpkin, then sprinkle with feta.
- Bake pizza for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden.
- Cut pizza into wedges, then serve hot. Enjoy!
- While pumpkin roasts, combine nuts and garlic in food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add rosemary, parsley, olive oil, parmesan, and salt to nut mixture. Puree until totally smooth.
- Season generously with salt to taste.