This Easy Coconut Curry is a speedy, delicious weeknight meal that’s ready in minutes … the perfect meal for a busy weeknight!
This post contains affiliate links.
After a busy weekend, my Monday nights tend to be fairly lazy.
The last thing I want to do is cook a complicated meal. I’d rather catch up on the Real Housewives or something similarly mind melting.
I’m sure you’ve been there. Staring into the refrigerator and going over your meal options, but it all seems like too much work.
That’s why I love this easy Coconut Curry! It’s packed with healthy ingredients, like chickpeas and spinach, yet it’s ready in minutes!
Easy Coconut Curry
This easy curry recipe is the perfect weeknight meal option! I turn to it time and time again when I don’t feel like cooking.
It’s simple, yet totally delicious. Plus, it’s vegan and super fast!
Seriously, in the time it takes to prepare the rice, you can have this easy coconut curry recipe on the table.
And I don’t know about you, but that is my kind of weeknight meal!
How to Make Coconut Curry
Aside from the speed with which it can be prepared, the best thing about this vegan curry with chickpeas, tomatoes, and spinach is the wonderful taste. It’s truly delicious and crave worthy!
The star of this mouthwatering meal is the flavorful, creamy curry sauce. This simple sauce is made with a mix of easy to find spices, garlic, and tomato, and it’s finished with coconut milk (the kind that comes in the can).
You’ll start by sauteing a little garlic, then add curry powder, ginger, and cayenne. If you’d prefer, you could use curry paste (both red and green would work) in place of the spices. Just saute a couple tablespoons of paste (or more) with the garlic for a few minutes to bring out the flavors.
Next, you’ll add a tomato and saute it just until it’s softened. Then add the remaining ingredients—chickpeas, spinach, and coconut milk—and simmer until hot. It only takes about 5 minutes!
You are going to love the creamy richness that the coconut milk adds to this easy coconut curry recipe. And even though my pics don’t show it, it makes this curry super saucy!
Another thing I love about this chickpea spinach curry is that it’s so easy to customized to taste! Simply swap out the spinach for your favorite veggies (saute them in the oil before adding the garlic and spices) or make it spicier with extra cayenne or sriracha.
I served it over flavorful basmati rice, but choose your favorite rice variety, or try it over pasta for something different.
However you make it, this easy Coconut Curry recipe is sure to become a weeknight favorite. So skip the refrigerator stare down and make it tonight!
Easy Coconut Curry
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- Cooked brown or white rice
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic to pan and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in spices and salt and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (1-2 minutes).
- Add tomato to skillet and cook until tomato is slightly softened and a sauce has formed (about 5 minutes).
- Stir chickpeas, spinach, and coconut milk into tomatoes.
- Simmer until spinach is wilted and everything is heated through (about 5 minutes).
- Season to taste with additional salt, if desired.
- Serve curry over rice. Enjoy!
Love this Easy Chickpea Spinach Curry?
If you enjoyed this simple recipe, you’ll like these yummy curry-flavored dishes, too:
- Curried Corn Chowder
- Easy Chickpea Potato Curry
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry
- Easy Pumpkin Curry
- Roasted Carrot Soup
- Curried Veggie, Chickpea, and Quinoa Stir Fry
What is your favorite quick and easy weeknight meal?