Treat yourself to this delicious, healthy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus! It’s an easy to make snack or appetizer recipe that your whole family will love!
This post contains affiliate links.
I don’t know about you, but I love hummus!
It makes a healthy snack, especially when paired with fresh veggies. And it’s perfect for parties, too … pretty much everyone and their mother loves it, right?
I’ve been making homemade hummus for years, and this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus recipe is a favorite. It’s creamy, delicious, and packed with flavor.
You are going to love it!
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Have you ever made hummus? If not, you might be surprised by just how simple this red pepper hummus is to make!
You only need a few ingredients to make this easy hummus recipe, and it’s ready in less than 15 minutes.
It’s also more affordable than store bought hummus. Have you ever noticed how pricey that stuff gets?
It’s kind of crazy considering that you only need a few basic ingredients to make hummus at home.
Red Pepper Hummus Ingredients
The ingredients for this homemade hummus are simple and healthy:
- fresh garlic
- chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans)
- fresh lemon juice
- cayenne (optional)
- roasted red peppers
The one ingredient that can be hard to find is tahini, which is a pureed sesame paste. Hummus just doesn’t taste the same without tahini, so do try track it down. You can buy it on Amazon here.
If you’re concerned about tahini’s cost, then you’ll be happy to know that one jar will make many batches of hummus. Here are 14 other ways to use tahini, too!
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
You won’t believe how simple this homemade Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is to make!
To make this hummus recipe, you’ll start by pulsing a garlic clove until minced in a food processor.
Once the garlic is minced, you’ll add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne, if using. Process everything until totally smooth … it should take about two to three minutes. If your hummus is too dry to blend, add a tablespoon of water.
Finally, add the roasted red peppers. I like my hummus with the red peppers a little chunky, but feel free to blend your hummus until the peppers are totally blended in, if desired.
This red pepper hummus is healthy, vegan, and gluten-free … and of course, it’s super tasty! Serve it with fresh veggies (like carrots, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers), pita bread, homemade pita chips or homemade Parmesan Herb Crackers.
Once you learn how to make this easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus recipe, you’ll return to it again and again!
Loved this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus?
If you enjoyed this red pepper hummus recipe, then you’ll enjoy these recipes, too!
- How to Make Hummus (the BEST, most authentic recipe + tons of tips)
- Layered Greek Hummus Dip
- Easy Olive Hummus
- Southwest Hummus with Spicy Corn Relish
- Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Roasted Veggie Bowl (hummus is one of the ingredients)
- Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl (this bowl uses hummus, too)
- Hummus Sandwich with Pesto and Veggies
And make sure to check out all of my snack and appetizer recipes here, too.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste), optional
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers, optional
- 1 teaspoon chopped flat-leaf parsley, optional
- veggies, such as cucumbers, peppers, carrots, grape tomatoes, etc.
- pita bread, pita chips, and/or crackers
- Pulse garlic clove in a food processor until minced.
- Scrape down sides of food processor, then add chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne to garlic. Blend until totally smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add red peppers to hummus; pulse just until combined. (Do not over-process; you should still be able to see chunks of pepper.)
- Season hummus to taste with additional salt. Transfer to a bowl and top 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers and chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve with veggies, pita bread, pita chips, and/or crackers. Enjoy!
What is your favorite kind of hummus?