I love finishing a great meal with an espresso and a delicious dessert. It’s the perfect ending to a memorable night!
This Salted Caramel Affogato combines espresso with one of my favorite after dinner treats: ice cream!
This post contains affiliate links.
Have you ever tried affogato? Italian for “drowned,” affogato is a scoop of ice cream topped with a shot of hot espresso. It’s sweet, creamy, and delicious!
It’s also the perfect pick me up after a meal.
I was inspired to create this sweet treat after attending a fun event introducing the new Ninja Coffee Bar. Look who I met there!
They sent me a Coffee Bar to try out, and I’ve been obsessed ever since.
The Ninja Coffee Bar makes it super easy to brew everything from single cups (no pods necessary) to a full carafe with just one touch. You can even choose between rich brew and regular brew, depending on your strength preference.
Hands down though, my favorite feature is the Over Ice Brew. When you choose this option, the machine brews fresh coffee right over ice, no chilling or advanced preparation necessary. I love iced coffee and have been enjoying a cup daily ever since I received my machine!
In addition to regular coffee and iced coffee, the Ninja Coffee Bar also makes Specialty Brew, a highly concentrated coffee that’s similar to espresso. You can use it to create coffeehouse-style hot and cold layered beverages—right at home!
I used the Specialty Brew feature to create this Salted Caramel Affogato.
This delicious dessert could not be easier to create. Simply mix the Specialty Brew (substitute espresso or strong coffee, if desired) with salted caramel syrup, then pour the flavored coffee over vanilla ice cream. A sprinkle of salt is the perfect finishing touch.
My Salted Caramel Affogato recipe serves two … share it with someone special!
- 1 (generous) tbsp. salted caramel syrup
- your favorite ground coffee
- 2 scoops ice cream
- flake salt, such as Maldon
- Add salted caramel syrup to a coffee cup.
- Place coffee cup on Ninja Coffee Bar.
- Use the ground coffee to prepare a cup of Specialty Brew Coffee (follow the easy machine instructions).
- Mix together syrup and coffee.
- Using two cups, place a scoop of ice cream in each.
- Pour Specialty Brew over ice cream.
- Top each cup with a pinch of flake salt.
- Serve immediately with a spoon. Enjoy!
1/3 cup espresso or strong coffee can be substituted for the Ninja Specialty Brew Coffee.