Salted Caramelized Bananas … a simple dessert recipe that’s ready in minutes and so delicious!
This post contains affiliate links.
I have a major sweet tooth, but I don’t like to keep a lot of treats around my apartment
due to my poor impulse control because I like to eat healthy. But sometimes, I just have to have something sweet now.
Do you know what I mean?
This recipe for caramelized bananas is the perfect way to conquer any sugar craving, and it’s ready to eat in minutes!
Why do I love these Salted Caramelized Bananas so much? Let me count the ways!
- They’re quick and easy.
- I usually have all the ingredients on hand.
- They’re got that whole salty-sweet thing going on … yum!
Have I convinced you that you need to try this recipe, yet?
How to Make Caramelized Bananas
This banana caramel sauce is so easy to make, and you only need a few ingredients. It’s also the perfect way to use up ripe bananas!
You’ll start by combining bananas, butter, and brown sugar in a small pan. As the ingredients heat, the butter and brown sugar will combine, forming a sauce and coating the bananas.
Once the bananas are coated, your Caramelized bananas are done. So simple, right?
This banana topping is super versatile. Try it over crepes, french toast, pound cake, or even oatmeal.
I like to serve these Caramelized Bananas over ice cream, topped with a pinch of sea salt. Make sure to use a coarse salt … Maldon Sea Salt Flakes are my fave.
This Salted Caramelized Bananas recipe is easily scaled up or down, so make it for yourself or a crowd. Whoever tries it is sure to love it!
Salted Caramelized Bananas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- pinch coarse sea salt
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add bananas and brown sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter and sugar are well combined and a sauce has formed. The bananas should have softened slightly and will be coated with caramel.
- Serve bananas over ice cream, topped with a pinch of salt. Enjoy!
Feeling inspired by these yummy glazed bananas? Check out all of my dessert recipes here!
What is your favorite way to conquer a sugar craving?