Serve this yummy Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with any meal … it’s light, fresh, and ready in minutes!
I’ve been craving fresh and easy foods lately. Last week, I made a delicious Brie and Apple Sandwich, that had me wishing for a spring picnic.
To go with that sandwich, I made a Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with Lemon-Garlic Vinaigrette that’s full of bright, spring flavors.
You’re going to love this simple salad. The flavors are bright and tasty … perfect as a side for any meal!
Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad
Have you ever had shredded Brussels sprouts before? It’s a delicious and different way to eat this vegetable that even avowed Brussels sprouts-haters will love. My husband gobbled it up, and normally he won’t touch them!
This salad is simple to make. You’ll shred the Brussels sprouts and then toss them with a zesty Lemon-Garlic Vinaigrette. Feel free to customize the salad with your favorite ingredients. Nuts, dried fruit, or other vegetables would all taste great.
Serve this Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with Lemon-Garlic Vinaigrette as an accompaniment to your favorite sandwich or any meal that needs a fresh and flavorful side.
Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with Garlic-Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3/4 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts and discard any brown leaves. Thinly slice the sprouts about 1/8-inch thick.
- Place the sprouts in a medium bowl, then use your fingers to separate the layers a bit. Set aside.
- Zest half the lemon, then mince the zest.
- Juice the lemon, and add it to a small bowl, along with the zest, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk together until well mixed.
- Pour vinaigrette over Brussels sprouts and mix well.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
What foods are you craving this spring?