Craving comfort food? Then, you have to try this Spicy Artichoke and Sundried Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
Well, I’ve made it to Texas in one piece. The move went very smoothy, and I’ve already started exploring Dallas. I can’t wait to share photos of my new apartment and some of local sights I’ve checked out. Before that happens though, I need to unpack … check back with me in a few months about that!
All of this moving stress has made me tired and hungry. There is nothing better than comfort food in these types of situations, and this Spicy Artichoke and Sundried Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich is just that!
It’s also simple to make. You’ll start with a good white bread, then top it with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, artichoke hearts, and sundried tomatoes. If you love spicy food like I do, you’ll want to pile on the jalapeños next. (Use a really excellent quality pickled jalapeño, like my fave, La Morena.) Yum!
Of course, if you prefer your food sans kick, the jalapeños are completely optional. To make this sandwich even spicier, try it with Pepper Jack cheese. That’s what I plan to do the next time I make this Spicy Artichoke and Sundried Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich. In my book, hotter is better!
Treat yourself to this Spicy Artichoke and Sundried Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich tonight!
- 8 slices firm white bread (I used Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Hearty White Bread.)
- 8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1 (14-oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts
- 12 oil-packed sundried tomatoes
- sliced pickled jalapeños, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle a bread slice with 1 oz. Monterey Jack cheese.
- Blot artichokes and sundried tomatoes to remove excess liquid and oil. Slice tomatoes in thirds or quarters, depending on size.
- Cover cheese with 1/4 of the artichokes and tomatoes.
- Top veggies with as many jalapeños as desired.
- Add an additional ounce of cheese over veggies and jalapeños.
- Place another bread slice over sandwich.
- Brush one side of sandwich lightly with olive oil.
- Repeat these steps with remaining ingredients to make 4 sandwiches.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sandwiches to skillet, oil side down.
- Brush other side of sandwich with oil.
- Cook sandwiches until browned, then flip.
- Brown on other side of sandwich, then remove from heat.
- Serve sandwiches immediately. Enjoy!