Meet the Spicy Pumpkin Steamer … an irresistible fall drink! It’s filled with delicious pumpkin spice flavor and takes minutes to make!
We’re finally getting cooler weather here in Dallas, so I had to treat myself to a fall favorite, my Spicy Pumpkin Steamer.
This rich drink quenched my thirst for all things fall, and I’m excited to share the recipe with you!
Are you a pumpkin fan?
I definitely am, and usually around mid-August, I start thinking about the many pumpkin treats I’m going to be enjoying soon!
Spicy Pumpkin Steamer
This Pumpkin Steamer is something I look forward to every year.
I came up with the recipe for an Easy Thanksgiving Entertaining post I shared a couple years ago, and this delicious drink has been a favorite ever since.
You may be wondering, what exactly is a Pumpkin Steamer?
These Spicy Pumpkin Steamers remind me of sipping on a mug of creamy hot chocolate (minus the chocolate) … a Pumpkin Hot Chocolate, if you will!
They’re rich, delicious, and the perfect drink for all of your fall festivites.
Whether you make a batch for Thanksgiving or simply warm up with a glass after a chilly autumn day, this hot pumpkin drink is a recipe you won’t be able to resist!
I pulled out my DIY Vintage French Map Coasters to serve these drinks on … do you remember them?
How to Make a Pumpkin Steamer
My steamer recipe is so easy to make.
Simply combine all the ingredients and warm over low heat, and you’ll be enjoying these tasty drinks in no time.
Treat your family to this yummy drink tonight!
Spicy Pumpkin Steamer
- 4 (12-ounce) cans Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus additional for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- Whisk together evaporated milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg in a medium heavy-bottom saucepan.
- Warm over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until steaming hot.
- While drink is heating, combine heavy cream and powdered sugar in a medium bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- To serve, fill glasses or mugs with pumpkin mixture, then top with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Love this Hot Pumpkin Drink?
Here are some other pumpkin recipes you’ll love, too!
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Mini Chocolate Toffee Pumpkin Pies
- Pecan Pumpkin Spice Cake Pops
- Mini Pumpkin Pies with Cinnamon Cheesecake Toppings
- Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt
- Layered Pumpkin Mousse
I originally shared my Steamer in an Easy Thanksgiving Entertaining post.
Head over for free Thanksgiving printables!
What is your favorite seasonal treat?