Treat yourself to these Strawberry and Cream Crepes with Chocolate Sauce ... they're decadent and delicious, yet so simple to make!
This post contains affiliate links.
I love strawberries, especially in spring when they are at their sweetest. If they're from the farmers market, even better!
When I spotted some beautiful berries on my last shopping trip, I couldn't resist stocking up. Although I could definitely have eaten those strawberries plain, I somehow restrained myself and made an easy seasonal dessert instead.
These Strawberry and Cream Crepes with Chocolate Sauce were worth the restraint, because they are so good!
How to Make Strawberry and Cream Crepes
This strawberry crepe recipe is so simple to make. I cheated a little bit and used premade crepes, so there's no cooking required ... I highly recommend you do the same!
To make these Strawberry and Cream Crepes, you'll start by slicing fresh berries and combining them with sugar. The sugar will draw out the strawberry juices, creating a sweet, delicious sauce.
While the strawberries are doing their thing, work on the cream cheese filling. It's simply a mixture of cream cheese and powdered sugar, folded with whipped cream to create a light texture.
You'll add this filling to the crepes, then fold up the crepes burrito style. To serve, this easy crepe recipe is drizzled with melted chocolate and topped with the strawberries.
These Strawberry Crepes with cream cheese filling are impossible to resist, and totally over the top decadent ... you are going to love them!
I served these strawberry crepes with cream cheese filling with my Farfalle with Roasted Asparagus, Lemon, and Parmesan. It was the perfect seasonal meal!
Strawberry and Cream Crepes with Chocolate Sauce
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅛ cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 4 premade crepes
- Mix strawberries and 1 tbsp. sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside for at least half an hour to allow the sugar to dissolve.
- Combine heavy cream and powdered sugar, then beat until soft peaks form using a stand or hand mixer. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until light and smooth, then carefully fold in heavy cream mixture with a spatula, a little at a time.
- Break chocolate into small pieces and place in a small bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds and stir. Repeat melting and mixing until chocolate is smooth.
- Carefully transfer melted chocolate to a small zip top bag and seal.
- To assemble, place 1 crepe on a large plate. Add ¼ of the cream to the middle of the crepe and fold it up like a burrito.
- Snip a small corner off of the zip lock bag, then drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the crepe. Top with ¼ of the strawberries.
- Repeat with the remaining crepes, then serve immediately. Enjoy!
Looking for more strawberry dessert ideas?
Try one of these yummy recipes:
- Mini Strawberry Shortcakes
- Strawberry Pecan Ice Cream Cake
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Parfaits
- Strawberry Coconut Paletas
- Strawberry Dark Chocolate Bark
- Berry Cream Tarts
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
What are your favorite spring recipes?