Learn how to make the BEST Strawberry Banana Bread with this easy recipe and video!
This post contains affiliate links.
I’m feeling those spring vibes … even if the weather is not quite cooperating.
It was in the thirties this weekend, but I kept telling myself it could be worse. My sister just got eleven inches of snow, after all!
One way that’s easy to channel spring (whether the weather matches or not) is through cooking. Bring on the fresh veggies and sweet berries.
This Strawberry Banana Bread is packed with the sweetest, juiciest berries … it’s the perfect springtime treat!
Strawberry Banana Bread
If you love banana bread, then you have to try this fun twist on the classic recipe!
Each bite of this strawberry bread is packed with sweet berry flavor. It’s so delicious that it’s hard to stop at one slice.
How to Make Strawberry Banana Bread
This Strawberry Banana Nut Bread is so simple to make.
This easy strawberry bread recipe is made with basic ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
Because this quick bread recipe is so simple, you’ll want to use the best ingredients:
- Strawberries – Of course, you’ll need to find the sweetest strawberries. They are going to add that delicious, sweet berry flavor that’s the highlight of this recipe.
- Butter – The recipe calls for unsalted butter. Using unsalted butter helps you control the salt content and flavor of your baking. Salted butter also has a higher water content than unsalted butter, which can affect the success of your baking.
- Salt – I use kosher salt for all of my recipes, whether I’m baking or not. Kosher salt tastes better, because it doesn’t have the additives that table salt does. If you do use table salt for this recipe, cut the amount down to 1/2 teaspoon.
Making the Banana Strawberry Bread
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Fold this into the butter mixture using a spatula. You want to mix the wet and dry ingredients together until they are just combined.
Do not over mix … this is the key to success with any quick bread! You should still be able to see a little flour. Don’t worry, it will get mixed in when you add the next batch of ingredients.
Next, you are going to toss the strawberries with a little flour. This keeps the strawberries from adding too much liquid to the batter. And it also helps to keep them from sinking as the strawberry bread is baking.
Add the strawberries, mashed banana (I like to leave it a little chunky), and chopped nuts to the batter … again, mixing until just combined.
Baking the Banana Strawberry Bread
Transfer the batter to a 9 x 5-inch bread pan, smooth out the top, then sprinkle with more nuts. Don’t like nuts? Feel free to leave them out. They are totally optional.
Finally, bake your bread until it’s a beautiful, deep golden color and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. It should take about 50 to 60 minutes, but I like to check it at 45 minutes … just in case!
Let the bread cool completely before slicing.
It’s hard to wait, I know, but you will be rewarded with the most delicious Strawberry Banana Bread when you’re done!
Love this Strawberry Banana Bread?
And you’ll love these other strawberry recipes, too:
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Parfaits
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- Mini Strawberry Shortcakes
- Strawberry Pecan Ice Cream Cake
- Strawberry Dark Chocolate Bark
Strawberry Banana Bread
- nonstick cooking spray
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 5-inch bread pan lightly with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy, using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Using a spatula, fold flour into butter mixture, until almost completely mixed. Do not over mix; there should be a little flour still visible.
- Mix strawberries with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Add strawberries, banana, and 1/2 cup nuts to batter; gently fold in with a spatula.
- Add batter to bread pan. Smooth top and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons nuts.
- Bake bread for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let bread cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
What is your favorite springtime recipe?