Learn how to cut strawberries into hearts with this fun + easy tutorial! You can use these cute Strawberry Hearts in any recipe, and they make an adorable garnish, too ... perfect for Valentine's Day or any time of year!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Calling all berry lovers! Are you looking for creative ways to cut strawberries?
Then you are going to LOVE these cute Strawberry Hearts! These sweet edible hearts make any dish more special ... in fact, I've used them in all sorts of strawberry recipes. They're super quick and easy to make, too.
These adorable heart shaped berries are so versatile. Eat them as a snack, add them to your favorite recipes, or use them as a garnish. They're especially lovely for Valentine's Day, but you can serve them year round!
Ready to get started? Then keep reading for all the details!
What You'll Need
You'll need just a few things to make these Heart Shaped Strawberries:
- Strawberries - Of course, you'll need some fresh strawberries! Any strawberry can be used, but berries with a tapered point will make the best hearts.
- Knife - A small, sharp knife (such as a paring knife) is a must.
- Cutting Board - Use a cutting to keep the mess to a minimum and to protect your counters.
How to Cut Strawberries into Hearts
Cutting strawberries into hearts is quick + easy! Here's how to do it:
- Prep strawberries. Start by washing and drying your berries. Then use your fingers to pluck off the leaves.
- Remove stem. Cut a small v-shape in the stem-end of the strawberry. This will create a heart shape. Tip: As mentioned above, a small, sharp, easy to handle knife (like a paring knife) will give you the most control, and you can use it to adjust the shape as needed.
- Halve or slice berries. Finish by cutting the strawberries in half, or into slices, depending on what you plan to use them for.
Now you know how to make Strawberry Hearts! Wasn't that easy? This is basically a creative way of hulling strawberries. You can use them in your favorite recipes, as a garnish, and more ... check out my easy tips below!
How to Use
There are so many tasty ways to use these adorable Heart Cut Strawberries!
- Snack - Serve the strawberries as-is for a fresh, healthy snack, or add a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla yogurt.
- Breakfast - Use them as a topping for Strawberry Overnight Oats, Fonio Cereal (an easy grain porridge), Baked Oats, or a Berry Yogurt Parfait. Try serving them over Panettone French Toast or pancakes, too.
- Salads - Show off these sweet Heart Shaped Strawberries in your favorite salads. They're delish in everything from simple Green Salads to loaded Superfood Salads!
- Dessert - Dip them in dark chocolate to make Chocolate Strawberry Hearts, use them to make Mini Strawberry Shortcakes, serve them over Frozen Yogurt or ice cream, add them to Fruit Pizza Cookies, or layer them in an Individual Trifle or Chocolate Strawberry Parfait. They also make a great dipper idea for Homemade Fondue!
- Drink Garnish - The berries also work wonderfully as a garnish for drinks (everything from Green Smoothies to Strawberry Lemonade, Strawberry Mojitos, Gin and Tonics, or Frose). Depending on the drink, you can lay the slices on top, slide them onto a cocktail pick, or cut a small slit into the pointed end, then perch it on the rim.
- Decoration - Use the berries as a garnish on cakes, cupcakes, and other desserts, like this yummy Ice Box Cake, this Strawberry Ice Cream Cake, or these Strawberries and Cream Crepes.
Looking for more strawberry ideas? Try one of these delicious recipes next:
- Strawberry Freezer Jam
- Strawberry Compote
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Strawberry Paletas
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Strawberry Bark
- Stuffed French Toast
- Cutting Board
- Wash and dry strawberries. Use fingers to pluck off leaves.
- Slice a small v-shape in the stem-end of the strawberry to create a heart shape.
- Cut strawberries in half, or in slices, depending on how you'd like to use them. Enjoy!