This delicious Summer Veggie Pizza is topped with all of your favorite seasonal vegetables … and it’s sooo delicious!
I love cooking at this time of year!
Everything at the store is so fresh and tempting. I’ve been picking up corn, zucchini, and tomatoes on every trip.
Since I can’t get enough, I decided to create a recipe that includes all my favorites. That’s how I came up with this Height of Summer Veggie Pizza.
Summer Veggie Pizza
You are going to love this Summer Veggie Pizza! It’s the perfect way to use up all those vegetables that are in abundance right now.
I started by making a simple pizza sauce. It’s full of classic flavors, plus I added some Parmesan cheese for richness. It takes minutes to prepare and no cooking is required!
Then I topped the pizza with my favorite summer veggies. Sweet corn kernels, crisp zucchini, and juicy cherry tomatoes all add a ton of flavor (try experimenting with your fave vegetables). It’s finished with crumbles of rich goat cheese and a sprinkle of fresh basil.
Make this veggie pizza quick before summer is over!
This tasty Summer Veggie Pizza is packed with all your favorite seasonal vegetables!
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/8 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt, to taste
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, julienned
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt. Set aside.
Lightly spray a pizza pan or baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Place pizza dough on baking sheet and gently press to edges of pan.
Top dough with a light layer of sauce (you may have some left over).
Cover sauce with 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese.
Sprinkle tomatoes, corn, and zucchini evenly over cheese.
Cover vegetables with remaining mozzarella, then sprinkle with goat cheese.
Bake pizza until crust is browned and top is golden, about 20 - 25 minutes.
Let pizza cool slightly, then sprinkle with basil and serve. Enjoy!
- I used a rectangular baking pan to cook my pizza, however you can use a round pizza pan or even divide the dough to make individual pizzas. Either will work.
- If your pizza dough will not stretch to the edge of your pan, let it rest for a few minutes. Press it again and then let relax more, if necessary.
What recipes are in your rotation this summer?