I love cooking at this time of year. Everything at the store is so fresh and tempting, and I’ve been picking up corn, zucchini, and tomatoes on every trip.
Since I can’t get enough, I decided to create a recipe that includes all my favorites. That’s how I came up with this Height of Summer Veggie Pizza.
You are going to love this Summer Veggie Pizza! It’s the perfect way to use up all those vegetables that are in abundance right now.
I started by making a simple pizza sauce. It’s full of classic flavors, plus I added some Parmesan cheese for richness. It takes minutes to prepare and no cooking is required!
Then I topped the pizza with my favorite summer veggies. Sweet corn kernels, crisp zucchini, and juicy cherry tomatoes all add a ton of flavor. It’s finished with crumbles of rich goat cheese and a sprinkle of fresh basil.
Make it quick before summer is over!
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 corn cob
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 lb. pizza dough
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/8 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare vegetables for pizza: halve cherry tomatoes; remove corn kernels from cob and discard cob; halve and thinly slice zucchini; and julienne basil. Set aside.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt. Set aside.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Place pizza dough on baking sheet and gently press to edges of pan.
- Top dough with a light layer of sauce (you may have some left over).
- Cover sauce with 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle tomatoes, corn, and zucchini evenly over cheese.
- Cover vegetables with remaining mozzarella.
- Crumble goat cheese over mozzarella.
- Place pizza in oven and cook until crust is browned and top is golden, about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and let cool slightly.
- Slice pizza, sprinkle with basil, and serve. Enjoy!
- - I used a rectangular baking pan to cook my pizza, however you can use a round pizza pan or even divide the dough to make individual pizzas. Either will work.
- - If your pizza dough will not stretch to the edge of your pan, let it rest for a few minutes. Press it again and then let relax more, if necessary.
What recipes are in your rotation this summer?