This post is sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and Quaker. All opinions are mine alone.
This amazing Sweet and Salty Snack Mix is the perfect combination of sweet, spicy, and salty flavors … it hits all the right tastebuds!
I love a special treat, especially when it comes to parties.
And it’s hard to go wrong with a classic snack mix … people will eat.it.up. But why stick to the same old recipe when you can do something a little more exciting, right?
This Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix is amazing! It’s the perfect combination of sweet, spicy, and salty flavors.
Plus, it’s so simple to make. Serve it as everyday snack (pack a bag to get you through a long day) or for a holiday party. Either way, this Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix will disappear before you know it!
Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix
This easy snack mix couldn’t be easier to make. You simply mix together Quaker Life cereal (affiliate link) and mini pretzels, drizzle with a spicy Asian-inspired sauce, and then stir the mixture together and bake.
The sauce is not really that spicy, but you can eliminate the sriracha if you don’t enjoy spicy foods. Personally, I like things hot and will be adding more next time!
After the cereal mixture is toasted, you’ll stir in dried fruit and nuts. I used pineapple and pistachios to complement the other flavors, but feel free to add your favorites (mango and cashews would also be delicious). Whatever you use, you are going to love the combination of sweet, salty, and spicy flavors in this delicious mix!
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own Sweet and Salty Snack Mix.
Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 cups Quaker Life Cereal
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (6-ounce) package sweetened dried pineapple, pieces halved
- 1 1/2 cups shelled pistachios
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine cereal and mini pretzels in a large bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, sriracha, sesame oil, sugar, and garlic powder until combined.
- Pour olive oil mixture evenly over cereal and stir well to coat.
- Spread cereal mixture on baking sheet (in a single layer).
- Bake until toasted, about 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- When cereal is finished baking, remove from oven and stir in pineapple and pistachios.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
This Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix was so good that my husband and I have already eaten it all. It’s time to make another batch!
What are your go to snacks? I’d love to hear your ideas!