Dress up your Christmas packages with these free printable Holiday Chalkboard Gift Tags!
Looking for creative cigar box ideas? This DIY Cigar Box Chalkboard could not be simpler or more fun to make!
Decorate your home for the holidays with this fun and easy DIY Thanksgiving Chalkboard Art!
I have a really fun DIY project for you today – a DIY chalkboard. Perfect for keeping lists, posting a dinner menu, or even displaying a fun message, a chalkboard is a quick and easy way to get crafty.
This chalkboard project is a great way to repurpose an outdated frame from the thrift store or to reuse one that’s been collecting dust in a closet.
- a frame – I spray painted mine white before starting
- a piece of cardboard or heavy card stock, cut to fit in the frame opening
- chalkboard paint
- a foam paint brush
This project is so easy that it hardly need directions.
- Gather your supplies and pour the chalkboard paint into a small container. I used a plastic cup.
- Using your brush, cover the cardboard or card stock with a thin layer of paint.
- Let the paint dry, and then add another coat of paint. Make sure to rinse out your brush in between coats, otherwise it will get stiff.
- Add additional coats of paint until the cardboard is completely and evenly covered. I ended up applying 4 coats of paint, which sounds like a lot, but the paint dries quickly.
- After all coats of the chalkboard paint have been applied and have dried, attach the cardboard/card stock to the frame. You can either use the existing hardware or staple it in place with a staple gun (that’s what I did).
Now comes the fun part: decorating your chalkboard!
The first thing I recommend is going over the chalkboard with the side of a piece of chalk. Completely cover the board and then wipe it off with a piece of paper towel. This will add a little dimension and character to your board.
Then decorate to your hearts content. You can either use regular chalk or specially made chalkboard markers.
Holla! I couldn’t resist going with a tongue-in-cheek message.
I hope you try this fun project!