This Quick Chopped Salad recipe with a fresh, bright Lemon Basil Vinaigrette is the easiest, most delicious no cook recipe for hot summer days!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeamPizza #CollectiveBias #cbias
Is there anything better than pizza on game day? Only if it’s paired with the Ultimate Chopped Salad with Easy Lemon Vinaigrette!
Today is the first Monday of July, and that means it’s time for another edition of my monthly series, Motivation Monday. For me, healthy living is all about motivation. It’s about finding the motivation to skip a second helping, go for a walk, or cook instead of ordering takeout . Each Motivation Monday features easy tips and a healthy recipe.
Last month, my goal was to lose weight. Easier said than done, right? Well, the month started off well, but then I got a little sidetracked. Oops.
So my goal for July is simply to get back on track. I’m also sharing a Chinese Chopped Salad recipe that is super delicious!
- Watch portion sizes.
- Cut out unhealthy snacks.
- Exercise regularly.
- Track my exercise and everything I eat.
I did okay with this some days, but I seemed to lose focus most afternoon. These are all important keys to losing weight, so I’ll continue to work on these things.
Weight loss is a long, slow process, and having smaller goals has always helped me maintain motivation. Starting today, I’m going to be doing this 30 day plank challenge.
Basically, this challenge takes you from a 20 second plank to a 5 minute plank in 30 days. There’s even an app for tracking progress. Let me know if you want to join me, and we can suffer through it together!
It’s full of crunchy vegetables, sweet mandarin oranges, and savory baked tofu (sub your favorite protein if you’re not a tofu fan). Everything is tossed with a lightly sweetened soy vinaigrette and topped with sliced almonds for even more crunch. It’s so good!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, cut into thirds
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package baked tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 head romaine, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small head of red cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Combine olive oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Place peas, carrots, onions, tofu, romaine, red pepper, cabbage, cilantro, and Mandarin oranges in a large bowl.
- Pour salad dressing over vegetables and toss gently.
- Serve salad sprinkled with sliced almonds. Enjoy!
When purchasing tofu, look for "Asian" or "Thai" flavors. If you're not a fan of tofu, it can be left out or even replaced with chicken.
P.S. Read all of my Motivation Monday posts.