This home decor gift guide has all the best gifts for the home … find the perfect present for homebodies, hostesses, decor lovers, and more!
As much as I enjoy exploring the amazing city I live in and hanging out with friends, I truly love spending time at home. A little quiet time in my apartment reading, cooking, or crafting helps me to relax and recharge. Do you know what I mean?
Given my love of home, I thought it would be fun to put together a gift guide full of things that can be enjoyed at home (or nearby in the case of the sled). There’s a little something for everyone!
5 Tips for Decorating a Small Apartment … from choosing the right colors to selecting the best furniture, these tips will help you make the most of your tiny apartment or home!
I like to make small, seasonal changes to my home. Nothing too elaborate, but it’s fun to make a switch from cool summer colors to warm fall colors. The easiest way to do this is through accessories like throws, pillows, other decorative elements.
When decorating for fall or winter, it’s important to consider:
- materials (think cozy wools, soft faux-furs, and rich velvets)
- colors (I like warm golds, earthy burgundy, and rich jewel tones)
- textures (rustic woods, chunky knits, and thick wovens work well)
Here are four ways you can warm up your home for fall with just a few accessories.
Warm colors and textures (hello, velvet!) scream fall.
- Throw: I love the gorgeous colors in this Amber Paisley Throw.
- Pillows: The rich gold in the Amber Velvet Pillow and Diamond Dot Crewel Pillow complement the throw perfectly.
- Little Something Extra: Add even more color with a small collection of these Pure Color Vases.
Winter White & Gold
There is something so glamorous about a winter white home – even more so with the addition of gold accents.
- Throw: This beautiful Madison Park Faux-Fur Throw is affordable, yet luxurious.
- Pillows: Gold details in this Morocco Decorative Pillow and Sequin Pillow add interest to an all-white look.
- Little Something Extra: A pair of Sculptural Spheres and a Brushstroke Jewelry Box bring additional warmth to this space.
Oxblood, or burgundy, is very popular in fashion and interiors right now.
- Throw: The gorgeous tonal colors in this Burgundy Textured Stripe Throw add interest to a basic blanket.
- Pillows: Have fun with the pillows! Mix patterns and textures with the Benton Floral Pillow, Jacquard Leaf Silk Pillow Cover, and the Herringbone Silk Pillow Cover.
- Little Something Extra: This Braided Storage Basket adds extra texture and warmth and is perfect for holding extra blankets or magazines.
Bold Gem Tones
Jewel tones are a fall classic.
- Throw: I love the subtle pattern in this Chevron Chenille Throw.
- Pillows: The saturated jewel tones in these pillows are so pretty. The solid Rose Quartz Velvet Throw Pillow picks up on the pink in both the Purple Bulb Throw Pillow and the Fig and Coconut Stripe Lumbar Pillow.
- Little Something Extra: The quatrefoil pattern in these Norte Cutwork Candle Holders is very on trend and works well with the fun pillows.
Do you switch up your decor on a seasonal basis?
P.S. Do you remember my posts about updating a boring beige living room? This is the perfect way to do it for fall!