As much as I love my skinny jeans, I also like to change things up every now and then. Which is why I was excited to see that flared jeans are back on trend!
Flared jeans are super flattering … hello, curves and long legs! They look great with a variety of shoes, and with leg widths ranging from mini-boot cuts to exagerated bells, there’s a pair for everyone.
Not sure how to wear flared jeans? Here are some tips:
- Length is important, so choose a pair based on whether you plan to wear it with heels or flats. Floor-skimming hems (1/2-inch from the ground) look best and will give you legs that never seem to end. Get them hemmed, if needed.
- Dark washes are very slimming and easy to dress up, while lighter washes are more casual.
- High waists, larger flares, and light washes add to the retro vibe of this style. Play it up with platform shoes and slim-fitting tops (maybe tucked in).
- I love, love, love flared jeans with wedge sandals … it’s just so seventies chic! But try dressing them up with heels for a night out or dressing them down with sandals, slip-ons, or sneakers, too.
- Look for tops that skim or drape over your body.