Learn how to make a delicious Mushroom Wellington, a showstopping vegetarian main course that’s perfect for special occasions!
new year's eve
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Get glam for all your seasonal parties and events with this Classic Holiday Makeup Routine!
This Edgy Glitter Manicure is so fun for special occasions … or any night out!
I love getting dressed up for parties, especially around holiday time, when you have an excuse to bring on the bling!
The parties I’m attending this year are more on the casual side, but I had fun pulling together 6 outfits that work for everything from a laid back gathering with friends to the fanciest bash. I’ve included 3 unique hostess gifts, too!
- Option 1: Start with a great pair of skinny jeans that have lots of stretch (more room for cookies), like these J Brand 811 Skinny Stretch Jeans. Add a jewel-tone top for a punch of color – I love Tulle’s Dazzling Downtown Top – and top it with a comfy jacket. I’m obsessed with NYJD’s Coated French Terry Jacket, which looks super sharp but is made of sweatshirt material (brilliant!). Keep your hands free for a glass of wine and carry the ‘Alexis II’ Crossbody Bag from Aimee Kestenberg. The fun tassel is definitely a plus! Look for jewelry that is simple, but stylish, like this affordable Multi Chain Adjustable Necklace from Target and these Flathead Studs from Bauble Bar. Finally, add a pair of pointed toe flats – these Nine West Speakups are super versatile – and you are ready to party!
- Option 2: This looks is all about a great printed dress in a comfortable knit fabric, like the Restless Heart Aztec Dress from Ruche. I love the dolman sleeves! Since the dress is super casual, I’d add some sparkly jewelry that’s festive but not over-the-top. The Stasia Mirror Bibb and Jaguar Studds, both from Bauble Bar, work perfectly. Embi’s Studded Perforated Washed Leather Cross Body Bag will hold all of your necessities. It’s made of Italian leather but is still super affordable. A pair of great boots, like Sole Society’s Nila, pull the whole look together.
Don’t forget the hostess gift! Our friends gave my husband and I a table tennis set one year, and it was the best hostess gift ever. It was totally unexpected, but we played it all the time and always thought of them when we did.
- Option 1: I cannot get over these amazing MinkPink Petrol Metallic Print Pants! Brocade can be stuffy, but these glam pants are anything but. Since the pants are so bold, you’ll want to keep everything else fairly simple. This drapey Long Sleeve Wrap Top from NYJD helps ground the look. The Crystal Quad Necklace is sparkly, but doesn’t compete with the pants, nor do the Mini Knot Studs. I love quilted handbags, and this Iconic Quilted Minaudière from Forever 21 is such a steal. Snap it up before it’s gone! Complete the look with a pair of super sharp heels, like the Calvin Klein Dolly pumps.
- Option 2: This lace Surplice Dress from Maggy London is flattering and feminine, thanks to the faux-wrap cut. It’s perfect for a holiday dinner. Define your waist even more with a Mossimo Supply Company Bow Belt from Target (a major deal). Continue the lady-like theme with a Regal Charm Bracelet and Hyperfemme Rose Studs from Forever 21, which is one of my favorite places to find affordable costume jewelry. I love this gold Mason Clutch from Big Buddha. It has a snakeskin print to toughen this outfit up just a touch. A pair of kitten heels, like Joan & David’s Gardner Pumps, finishes the look perfectly.
- Option 1: Pair a sweetly tailored blouse, like The Limited’s Shoulder Inset Top, with a sparkly skirt, like this Shimmery Tweed Mini Skirt also from The Limited, and you are off to a great start. Add a pair of these Art Deco-esque V to Be Me Earrings from ModCloth and a pretty Onyx Gem Ring from Ruche. A velvet clutch, like ModCloth’s The Finishing Clutch, adds additional texture to the outfit and a bold pop of color, as well. My favorite part of this look may be the Leslie pumps from Kate Spade, the heels of which have an acrylic insert. So very fun!
- Option 2: This look is all about the sparkles! I absolutely love Ruche’s Morning Light Sequined Dress, and it is such a amazing price. Because the dress is such a showstopper, I’d keep the jewelry to a pair of really special earrings, like the Rose Dewdrops from Bauble Bar. The Minimalist Faux Patent Leather Wallet from Forever 21 is affordable and doesn’t compete with the dress. Finally, the Rem Gem Pumps from Gentle Souls add a beautiful, vintage touch to the outfit and will pamper your feet. You’ll be dancing all night!
Are you attending any fun parties this holiday season? What will you be wearing?