Update your wardrobe the affordable way with tons of cute under $50 summer accessories!
When I lived in San Francisco, the weather was consistently in the 50s and 60s year round. It was easy to get dressed, and my work “uniform” consisted of sweaters and some sort of bottom (usually pants to ward off the chill). I’m finding that doesn’t really work here in New York.
Thanks to the crazy humidity here, I pretty much gave up on sweaters about two months ago. I’ve been slowly reworking my wardrobe ever since, investing in lightweight tops, skirts, and pants. And I think I’m finally getting the hang of it!
Here are three outfits that I’ve found work well in hot, humid weather.
For days when I need to look polished, I like to wear a pencil skirt with a tailored, light-weight top and clean-lined accessories. Simple and easy!
My new office has a casual dress code, which means that jeans are the norm. I still like to look pulled together, so nothing torn or faded.
White jeans with a cute top and simple accessories makes a casual, but stylish look. On a really hot day, I would replace the jeans with a white skirt.
Summer is the perfect time to have some fun with your work wardrobe!
Start with bright cotton pants and a loose silk blouse. Then add some pop with your accessories. Florals and stripes are a cheerful and easy way to mix prints, and I’m obsessed with this La Mer Wrap Watch! Finish off the look with a colorful stack of rings and bright earrings.
What is your favorite summer outfit?
My taxes are finally done, so I’m channeling Donna and Tom. It’s time to treat yo self!
- How cute are these Lovely Ribbon Accent Flats?!?
- I am in love with this floral pencil skirt from Loft.
- The Cupcake Contest Shoulder Bag from ModCloth is too cute! Even the name is adorable.
- Feel like really splurging? I’d spend my money on the Lady City Tote from Foley + Corinna.
- Gather some candles, dim the lights, and take a hot bath.
- Give yourself a facial. Here are 10 masks you can make at home. I’m going to try the Banana Mask.
- A mani/pedi is a must! My favorite color is OPI on Collins Avenue.
Are you doing anything to treat yourself today?