Update your wardrobe the affordable way with tons of cute under $50 summer accessories!
I’ve rounded up 10 things to try this May … get inspired to do something new this month!
There was a really humid day last week that made me think summer is just around the corner.
Spring feels like the shortest season here in New York, maybe three weeks at best. One day, I’m freezing and the next it’s crazy hot. (I may be exaggerating … slightly.)
I’m already dreaming about wearing my first sandals of the season. I should probably get a pedicure so I’m prepared. It can’t be much longer, can it?!?
In the meantime, I’ve rounded up some gorgeous spring and summer sandals!
The weather was amazing this past Sunday. I’m talking 70 degrees and sunny with a breeze … perfect!
My husband and I decided to take advantage of the gorgeous day and headed outside.
A little springtime style was in order, too. I broke out my white jeans and wore my first sandals of the season, which was so nice.
(Affiliate Links): Sweater (old): similar; Tank: Old Navy; Jeans: Old Navy; Shoes (old): similar, similar; Earrings (old): similar, similar; Bracelet (old): similar, similar; Sunglasses (old): similar, similar
We started out walking on the East River Parkway and then crossed over to Randall’s Island for some awesome views of the city.
I’m linking up with Random Wednesday, Beautiful You, I Feel Pretty, Transatlantic Blonde, Your Whims Wednesday, Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday, Fashion Informant, Style Elixir, Monday Mingle, More Pieces of Me, On the Daily Express, Funday Monday, Monday Must Haves, and What I Wore Wednesday.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).
Although the temperature was only 20 degrees today, I’m starting to dream of spring. I can’t remember the last time I went without socks, but considering that it’s March, I’m assuming it won’t be much longer before I get a chance (#CrossingMyFingers).
I’m ready to kick my boots to the curb, so I’m hoping we get at least one warm day this month. There really isn’t anything better than strapping on the first pair of sandals after a cold winter (although I definitely need a pedicure before that happens).
Here are a few pairs of spring shoes that have me looking forward to warmer days:
- D’orsay flats are everywhere this spring, and REPORT’s Signature ‘Shadow’ Flat are a great option. The nude color will go with everything in your wardrobe.
- These strappy Mudd Fisherman Sandals can be worn dressy or casual, and the blue color looks so fresh right now. Plus, they’re a total steal.
- Sometimes it takes me a while to warm up to trends like oxfords, but I’m finally ready to embrace the style. Adam Tucker’s ‘Jillie’ Flats are my current favorites. I like how the cutouts make this masculine shoe a little more feminine.
- Frye’s ‘Carson’ Ballet Flat come in a gorgeous minty green that’s perfect for spring.
- How adorable are the polka dots on Dunlop’s Lace Up Trainers? They’re on sale for $25, too!
- Another trend I’m ready to take on is the boat shoe. It’s been years since I’ve had a pair, and these fun coral colored Sperry Top-Sider ‘Authentic Original’ Boat Shoes are exactly what I’m looking for.
- I love the unique cork texture and slight wedge on these A2 by Aerosoles ‘Crown Chewls’ Wedge Sandals. The neutral color is so versatile.
- Wedge sandals are hands-down my favorite summer shoes. I’d pair these Timberland Earthkeepers ‘Maeslin’ Ankle Strap Sandals with a pair of flaired jeans and strappy tank for an awesome 70s vibe.
- These Vince Camuto ‘Caprio’ Flats are a sharp update on classic huaraches. I love the gold, but they also come in silver and copper.
- Espadrilles just scream summer to me. These Soludos Derby Print Lace-Ups have the cutest animal print. I’d pair them with shorts, boyfriend jeans, or even a sundress.
- I once had the perfect pair of leather flip flops that went with everything. I wore them constantly and was so sad when the soles gave out. These TKEES ‘Foundations’ Flip Flops are a gorgeous replacement. Best of all, they come in a variety shades to complement any skin tone (along with tons of colorful options, too).
- Pink and orange are one of my favorite color combinations, which is just one of the reasons I like these TOMS Platform Sandals. The moderate wedge would be great for tromping all over NYC, too.
Do you have a favorite pair of sandals?
I’m linking up with Get Your Pretty On’s I Feel Pretty , The Pleated Poppy’s What I Wore Wednesday, All Things Thursday, Style File Link Up, Vodka Infused Lemonade’s Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday, Simply Lulu Style’s What I’m Loving Fridays, Style Elixir’s Friday’s Fab Favorites, Monday Mingle, and Totally Posted Tuesday.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission. I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).