Update your wardrobe the affordable way with tons of cute under $50 summer accessories!
There was a really humid day last week that made me think summer is just around the corner.
Spring feels like the shortest season here in New York, maybe three weeks at best. One day, I’m freezing and the next it’s crazy hot. (I may be exaggerating … slightly.)
I’m already dreaming about wearing my first sandals of the season. I should probably get a pedicure so I’m prepared. It can’t be much longer, can it?!?
In the meantime, I’ve rounded up some gorgeous spring and summer sandals!
I love how tassels can skew classic, preppy, or bohemian depending on materials or color. You can find them in fashion and interior design, and on clothing and accessories for men, women, and kids. There is a tassel for everyone. I’m sure of it!
Last week, I was flipping through a local magazine, and I noticed that first bracelet below. I just loved the bright colors and the beads. Well, that one bracelet led me down a rabbit hole, and I found myself searching for other gorgeous tassels pieces, too.
So here’s a roundup of fun fall tassels: jewelry and accessories. As far as tassels go, this is just the tip of the iceberg (I haven’t even touched on clothes), but a girls has to sleep sometime!
- Sole Society Boho Wrap Bracelet. This is the piece that got me thinking about tassels. I love the fun boho vibe.
- Sam Edelman Waterfall Chain Tassel Cuff Bracelet. Start an arm party with this bold bangle.
- Alex and Ani Tangerine Artist’s Palette Beaded Bangle. Love that long tassel and the rich tones.
- Missing Piece Gold Coin Bracelet. Turquoise and gold are so pretty together.
- Target 4-Piece Woven/Stretch Friendship Bracelets. This is actually a set of bracelets that’s on clearance for under $5, so snap it up if you like it!
- Feed ‘5’ Tassel Bracelets. These colorful bracelets are only $10, and for each one you purchase, 5 meals are provided to hungry school children.
- Big Buddha Jerome. The cool quilted (vegan) leather texture and classic color make this bag perfect year round.
- Sole Society Pilar Vegan Braided Messenger. This gorgeous bag has braids and tassels.
- Volcom Harmony Tassel Trim Pouch. You’ll only pay $25 for this fun, boho pouch!
- Dooney & Bourke Florentine Satchel. I’m truly in love with this beautiful handbag. It’s been on my wish list for a while now!
- Sam Edelman Waterfall Double Tassel Drop Earrings. Two tassels (actually, make that four!) are better than one.
- Jessica Simpson The Social Club Drama Tassel Earrings. Add a little edge to your outfit with these spiky tassels.
- House of Harlow Sunburst Tassel Earrings. These bold earrings will brighten up your day!
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Rhea Knee High Boot. How amazing are these boots!
- Eric Michael Yuma Booties. Two of my favorites – studs and tassels – in one boot.
- Footzyfolds ‘Stephania’ Foldable Ballet Flat. It’s hard to tell from the picture, but these flats are made with cork!
- Sole Society Ceara Tassel Loafer. These colorful suede loafers look so rich.
- Bauble Bar Gold Tassel Necklace. It almost looks like fringe, but this pretty necklace is made of many mini tassels.
- Bauble Bar Chrysanthemum Layered Necklace. Dress up a plain t-shirt with this blingy necklace.
- Capsule by Cära Necklace with Topaz Pear Shaped Jewels and Tassels. This inexpensive necklace from Target has a great lariat shape.
- Juicy Couture Bead, Key, Heart Lock & Tassel Charm Toggle Necklace. A super colorful find from Kohl’s new Juicy Couture collection.
- Missing Piece Tassel Rope Necklace. So boho and so fun!
- Forever 21 Chain Tassel Drop Necklace. This might just be the ultimate tassel necklace, and it’s under $10!
When I Win the Lottery
- Jolita Jewelry Paris Luxe Necklace. Super pricey, but super gorgeous!
- Forever 21 On the Range Tassel Scarf. Add a little Western edge to your fall outfits with this cute scarf.
- San Diego Hat Company Aztec Fabric Scarf with Tassels. I love the rich, elegant color of this scarf.
- Henri Bendel iPhone 5 Case on a String. An iPhone case with tassels … sold!
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Belt. Finally, even belts come with tassels!
P.S. Have you checked out the new Altuzarra Collection at Target? I LOVE the 70’s vibe!
I’m linking up with Random Wednesday, What I Wore, Fashion Informant, Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday, Friday’s Fab Favorites, Say G’Day, Monday Mingle, Monday Bloom, Monday Morning Gossip, How I Fall, More Pieces of Me, On the Daily Express, Let It Shine, Monday Must Haves, and I Feel Pretty.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).
My husband and I spent this past weekend in Brooklyn kitty-sitting Rodney. He is definitely a feisty little guy, and it was lots of fun. Rodney likes to party at 5:00 am though, so I was happy to enjoy my own (quiet) bed again Sunday night!
When we weren’t hanging out with Rodney, Joel and I were exploring Brooklyn. Our friends all live there, so we’ll probably move there when our lease is up next February. Brooklyn is huge, so I want to scope out potential neighborhoods now instead of the middle of winter when we’re ready to move.
Most of our exploring is done on foot, so a comfortable outfit was in order. For me that meant a floral print tank and a pair of white jeans. It was fairly humid, so I kept the adornments simple, which is pretty much my summer accessories style in a nutshell!
Everybody considers Memorial Day to be the unofficial start of summer. It feels like it, too, with the hot, humid weather we’ve been getting in New York. I’ve resisted turning on the AC so far, but that probably won’t last long!
Of course, the weather has me thinking about summer clothes (one-track mind here!). With that in mind, I created a roundup of summer clothes under $50. Let’s just call it cheap chic!
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 / 21 / 22 / 23 / 24 / 25 / 26 / 27
Tops: For summer, choose tees and tanks that drape and don’t stick to your body when it gets really hot. Look for fun details like a striped tee with a split back, tank with chiffon insets, classic blouse with a split neck, printed tank with shoulder cutouts, or a twisted hem tee.
Jewelry: Have fun with your jewelry! Dress up a simple outfit with bright drops, colorful acrylic and crystals, or vibrant studs, go with a bold tassel or delicate drop necklace, or choose a pretty beaded ombre necklace (on sale for $20!).
Skirts/Shorts/Rompers: Skirts are so comfortable in summer, look for long and short options, like an eyelet mini or striped maxi. This printed romper couldn’t be cuter, and the price is right for a trendy piece. Drapey shorts are another fun trend (love this printed pair), as is distressed denim, and these cutoffs are the perfect, not-too-short length. A pair of classic, flat-front shorts – like this striped pair – works for everyone. Even better, they come in multiple prints and solids. And if a 3-inch inseam isn’t your thing, they also come in 5-inch or 9-inch inseams, and plus-size, too. Shorts for everyone!
Bags: I feel like you need at least three bags to get through summer: something fun, like a printed clutch, and oversized tote for the beach (you can never go wrong with stripes), and a lighter colored, more tailored bag for work. Hey, you can afford all three when the most expensive one is under $25!
Sunglasses: You can never have enough options when it comes to sunglasses. Go big and bold, choose a pretty blush-hued pair, look chic in classic aviators, or get all three. At under $6 each you can go a little crazy!
Sandals: When it comes to shoes, a few well-chosen pairs will carry you through the summer. Give your flip flops an upgrade and choose a pair made from leather (TKEES has tons of colors if pink ombre is not your thing). Denim espadrilles are classic and comfy. Strappy Wedges can be dressed up or down. And, believe it or not, Birkenstocks are having a moment. This white patent pair lets you get in on the trend without paying a big price.
Do you have an holes in your summer wardrobe?
I’m linking up with Your Whims Wednesday, Random Wednesday, What I Wore Wednesday, Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday, Be.You.Tiful, Friday’s Fab Favorites, Say G’Day Saturday, Monday Morning Gossip, How I Summer, More Pieces of Me, On the Daily Express, Funday Monday, and I Feel Pretty.